Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those with Xpel tint, how were your front windows cut?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had mine done at a local Xpel shop (first time using Xpel and this dealer)

There's a pretty noticeable gap with the front plotted film, kind of makes it look like a cheap tint job.

I'm also getting some very noticeable wind noise and I suspect the gaps are playing with the seals.

I'll get better pictures when the sun cooperates. But here's the best I could do at the moment for closeups. When you stand back, all the glass is pretty dark, so the un tinted strips are pretty glaring.

Attachments

• IMG_3222.jpg
    IMG_3222.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_3221.jpg
    IMG_3221.jpg
    1,006.5 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_3220.jpg
    IMG_3220.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 272
Yeah, so they said that’s just how their plots are

I have one other xpel installer in the area, gonna let them redo the front windows if they can go edge to edge.

I definitely would like to compare photos (I took some better ones)

I have another shop that's going to redo the front windows. They said they can extend the templates if needed, and they were surprised they cut them so short. They suspected they were possibly under a time crunch (And that is true - I was called in to pick up when the car wasn't ready)

I just had mine done at a local Xpel shop (first time using Xpel and this dealer)

There's a pretty noticeable gap with the front plotted film, kind of makes it look like a cheap tint job.

I'm also getting some very noticeable wind noise and I suspect the gaps are playing with the seals.

I'll get better pictures when the sun cooperates. But here's the best I could do at the moment for closeups. When you stand back, all the glass is pretty dark, so the un tinted strips are pretty glaring.
This is a poor tint job. I’d ask them to redo it as it should be up to the edge. No seams or gaps.