Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Threw in the towel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the brake was easy enough because there was enough room to move the rubber around. accelerator took a bit more effort. hooking it in the right side first then shimmying it up and down while prying the left side rubber got it on eventually.

After tearing up my fingers I gave up trying to install AO’s Performance Pedal set.

The video’s make it look so easy. Guess being 67 with a bad back and knees conspired against me.

I also bought the AO pedal set and found them very difficult to install. I eventually got them on (I think the creative vocabulary I used did eventually help). I think some of the rubber split even though I did set them out in the sun to soften up first. They seem to be holding on pretty well, so the split in the rubber didn't seem to hurt it, in fact it probably is what made the installation possible.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I just installed the AO pedals and they were difficult not not impossible after heating up the rubber to make them flexible. I put them out in the sun for a few hours then for the accelerator pedal I started by hooking it on the right side and then working the rubber around.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
UPDATE:
88yMlyO.jpg

I watched a few more YouTube videos and finally figured out how to install them. Tip: when finished use your camera to check the backside to ensure they are fully seated. Turns out I had some areas where the rubber was rolled under the metal parts of the brake/accelerator pedals. They are now perfectly installed and added at least 30 HP to my MY.

The real secret to getting them on is to do what we did as kids to get on new bicycle handlebar grips: Use a little bit of very soapy water. The rubber lips of the covers will slide over the pedals easily, and when the soapy water dries, the pedals are on there firmly.

The real secret to getting them on is to do what we did as kids to get on new bicycle handlebar grips: Use a little bit of very soapy water. The rubber lips of the covers will slide over the pedals easily, and when the soapy water dries, the pedals are on there firmly.

That was actually going to be my second option if I couldn't work them into place the old fashioned way.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Offtopic but what year XC90 did you have and how do you compare it to the Model Y? I am interested in the comparison.

2019 XC90 all options including air suspension was a beautiful car and the interior was amazing. What I didn't like rides much more firmly the MY, dismal acceleration compared to MY, hated the start stop, only had 4k on it when I traded it and it had so many rattles & squeaks. Which would I recommend... MY hands down so much fun to drive. I had forgotten that driving can be fun too.

After tearing up my fingers I gave up trying to install AO’s Performance Pedal set.

The video’s make it look so easy. Guess being 67 with a bad back and knees conspired against me.
I'm not sure who made ours but we got them off amazon fairly cheap. I'm sure they are not the same quality as some but they went on easy. One right over the existing pedal and the other had to remove the rubber. Meh. They have been problem free.

50027390166_cc7bd3cec1_c.jpg

Reactions: BlindPass
Is that a wrap on your center console? Where did you get it? Thank you!

Yes it’s a wrap. Asked the wife and she said abstract ocean. Her car. She looks after the mods. She didn’t like the black piano finish. Super easy to clean now. We cheated. Had the guy who did the PPF on front bumper and rockers etc put it on. He says it took him 5 minutes.