Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thrilled new M3 Owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i just do a little hand sanding first, then paint. From 5+ feet away, you can’t tell.

I’m thinking for my next set of tires I’m going to try to see if wider tires will help. I’ll take a hit on efficiency, but the peace of mind on not worrying about scratched wheels will make it worth it.
Ye that peace of mind may be worth it. Since I ony got the SR+ though, I'm not keen to take any efficiency hits...lol. Kinda wish I opted for the LR now, but the price difference really is significant.

Do let me know how it goes if u et bigger tires.

View attachment 495506 View attachment 495509 View attachment 495508

So, the problem is that there’s a small black tab which holds the image disk that gets in the way. The key is to pull the thing apart and rotate the lens assembly 90 degrees so it’s no longer sticking out. After that, it pops right in. If you don’t do that, it won’t go in.

Here are some pics to show you what I mean. I circled in red the problem area.

Update!

So, I've installed two of these lights. Unfortunately, I tried to install the first one without taking it apart first. It did NOT work out. It became lodged in the hole and was very difficult to get out. Once I finally got it out, I decided to take it apart. When taking it apart, the little black tab that holds the housing together on one side broke! IT seems the whole thing is glued together. I could not find any other way to take it apart, so I had to accept that it would just break. Fortunately, the other side was still intact. Ad, I used a small piece of tape to keep the other side together. The final outcome looks great. But, the installation is a nightmare.

I will be buying two more puddle lights. With that in mind, can you suggest a method for taking the light apart so I can change the direction of the image panel from horizontal to vertical?

Thanks much.

Update!

So, I've installed two of these lights. Unfortunately, I tried to install the first one without taking it apart first. It did NOT work out. It became lodged in the hole and was very difficult to get out. Once I finally got it out, I decided to take it apart. When taking it apart, the little black tab that holds the housing together on one side broke! IT seems the whole thing is glued together. I could not find any other way to take it apart, so I had to accept that it would just break. Fortunately, the other side was still intact. Ad, I used a small piece of tape to keep the other side together. The final outcome looks great. But, the installation is a nightmare.

I will be buying two more puddle lights. With that in mind, can you suggest a method for taking the light apart so I can change the direction of the image panel from horizontal to vertical?

Thanks much.

Interesting. My puddle lights were definitely not glued together, they were just held together by two plastic tabs on the black part that fit into the clear part. As a result, the assembly was simple to take apart.