Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tidal oddities, bugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why does it feel like Tidal is trying to take over my car? Every time I get in and the car (Model S) comes on, Tidal comes up, ready to play. It doesn't matter what I had going when I left the car. Radio. Phone with Bluetooth. Streaming. USB stick. All that is forgotten, and when I get back into the car, it's Tidal. It's really annoying when I'm in the middle of a song, an album, a playlist, and I get out of the car for 30 seconds to run into a store and grab something, and when I come back it's on Tidal. Why?

I even tried rebooting the media unit. It didn't help. As soon as I got out of the car and then came back to it, there's Tidal cued up again, right where it left of.

Also. . . Why no shuffle play on Tidal? I can't even see a way to shuffle a Tidal playlist. I can do that on other devices, but not in the car.

Reactions: impastu
I've noticed that the audio source defaults to the last one in the list enabled on startup, and tidal is last on the list. Also, I don't see usb listed as a source, though it does appear as an icon that can be placed on the app bar. I'm running 2022.12.3.2. Also, for some reason there is a minimum number of audio sources that have to enabled...

I've noticed that the audio source defaults to the last one in the list enabled on startup, and tidal is last on the list. Also, I don't see usb listed as a source, though it does appear as an icon that can be placed on the app bar. I'm running 2022.12.3.2. Also, for some reason there is a minimum number of audio sources that have to enabled...

This is what I've also been figuring out. It does not seem to treat USB like the other audio sources at all, and there's no way to get the car to "remember" what it was doing with USB from one session to the next. Very annoying.