Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tidal shuffle appears to be broken.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

voip-ninja

Give me some sugar baby
Mar 15, 2012
Colorado
I have several downloaded Tidal playlists on my Tesla and would like to randomize these playlists.

When I am listening and select the random icon on the lower left screen playback widget the "next playing" list switches to showing the next playlist, not the next track.

So shuffle is definitely not working.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Mine doesn't do that. But I can say, it is still broken. I have a playlist with 200 songs, when I select shuffle, it will take a very small subset (like 15-20 songs) and only shuffle those

Are you pressing shuffle from a downloaded playlist or a playlist that is being streamed?

You press the shuffle button on the left side of the screen where the "now playing" widget is displayed?

When I press the shuffle button on mine it switches the view to "playlists" and does not shuffle the playlist.

I just checked. When I press the shuffle button, indeed it shows the others playlists I have in the thumbnail. However shuffle works. It does not take the songs in order(like it does with shuffle unchecked), but in a random order.

Like Str8down explained I have the same issue. From a playlist of 300 songs it seems that it shuffles from the same pool of 20-30 songs everytime. And resets when I return to the car, so even if I hit shuffle I listen to the same songs everytime.