Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TIL: Don't park near Cricket field

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

yessuz

Dec 30, 2021
Midlands
1696509748491.png

apparently, metal is so stretched that you cannot hammer it back... repaint is needed.

happy days

p.s. incident happened about 1 month ago.

Ouch sorry to hear.

Got a before and after (repair) photo?
well, BEFORE is in the 1st post.

AFTER: from afar it looks like it is fixed
1696580504074.png

However, if you look REALLY closely, you can see minor "waving" or combing which they could not get rid off:
1696580571341.png

1696580586630.png

it is very subtle but visible if you look really closely.

although I am thinking, now, should I got for "filling and repainting" or just leave it

• Informative
Reactions: Sean.
In the early 90s, my Maths teacher had just received his prized possession, a Toyota MR2. He parked it at the front of the School by the main doors. In front of this small tarmaced area at the front of the school where some cars were parked was a Cricket pitch.

My Friend at school was a great batsman and was playing a match on a sunny day (a few days after the delivery of this MR2) and hit a beauty, the ball flew through the air and straight through the front windows of this MR2.

The umpire looked shocked, he gave a "Six" signal.

The Umpire was also a Math Teacher......

well, BEFORE is in the 1st post.

AFTER: from afar it looks like it is fixed
View attachment 980051

However, if you look REALLY closely, you can see minor "waving" or combing which they could not get rid off:
View attachment 980052

View attachment 980053

it is very subtle but visible if you look really closely.

although I am thinking, now, should I got for "filling and repainting" or just leave it
I could live with that. I wouldn‘t have it fixed.

If the paint was damaged it would be a different story.