Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time for Downpayment to be received?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Just wondering how long on average it's taken for Tesla to receive people's down payments if leasing?

I submitted mine on 17/06 and 2x days later still not received by Tesla, which is slightly concerning as a similar payment paying off my BMW lease was made at the same time and is received.

Anyone got any ideas how long it might take? Car delivery on 30/06 so luckily a little bit of time... but a rather large deposit so I'm a little anxious!

Ask your bank to look into it - but be careful not to trigger any of their fraud checks as it could result in the payment being cancelled.

I would ask them to confirm if they can see receipt at the target account I.e. has it completed their clearing process.

What I tend to do with larger payments is a smaller one initially, then complete the rest once the target accounts team has confirmed. This takes a little longer but improves confidence.

If you submitted on Wed, if after a certain time that would mean Thur, meaning it could be Mon or Tue before it flags as complete.