Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint, Clear Bra, Ceramic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It started out as a tint and some Clear Bra on the front end. Got upsold to paint correction and ceramic and doing a little more clear bra - door edges, trunk lip, A pillars, etc. Oh well. I'm not usually a sucker but with a new car I apparently am! I think it turned out good. The tint is a little darker than legal but the white interior seems to brighten it up. I was more after reducing solar load.

Attachments

• IMG_5784.jpg
    IMG_5784.jpg
    902 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5779.jpg
    IMG_5779.jpg
    693.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Love
Reactions: voip-ninja
It started out as a tint and some Clear Bra on the front end. Got upsold to paint correction and ceramic and doing a little more clear bra - door edges, trunk lip, A pillars, etc. Oh well. I'm not usually a sucker but with a new car I apparently am! I think it turned out good. The tint is a little darker than legal but the white interior seems to brighten it up. I was more after reducing solar load.

What level of tint did you go with? I'm considering only a 45 because as we get older, our Night Time vision isn't great anymore. Both my wife and I had lasik not to long ago and afterwards, I realized that night driving just wasn't something I wanted to do for any period of time. Our two current vehicles have fairly dark tent, 20s in the rear seat windows and back panes of glass and 30s at the front side windows.

At night, for me, the 20 is harder to see through. So I'm not sure I'm wanting to go that dark anymore. Your windows don't seem to be that dark.

We are also going to do a full car wrap. My Wife's daily commute is 110 miles round trip, mostly all highway. Her job's parking lot is open air, so between the Texas Sun, birds, pollen... whatever plagues our current vehicles, we want to protect the Model 3 once it gets delivered. We won't do the Ceramic Coating, but we will do paint correction before the PPF. We have had many people suggest this to us because we are getting the Default Black paint option. Lot of stories about swirl marks or scuffs in the paint from production and delivery.