Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint - Dallas Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s been incredibly hot in DFW(Feels 105 everyday) and whole car tint is expensive.

Anybody interested in grouping together to negotiate ceramic tint for the whole car including windshield?

I will call around and find installer once we have 5 or 6 cars.

Reactions: ALSETAutoDFW
Have you found anyone else yet? I'd be interested. I just picked up my new Y and am looking for PPF and tint.

I've been calling around already getting prices from some of the most recommended places. I've been getting prices for the Lumar IRX and XPEL XR Plus. I've noticed that for the tint on all the regular windows, Lumar and XPEL are pretty close in price. Where the price really differs is if you want to do the front windshield and top glass. Lumar at Glacier is significantly less plus we get a 10% discount if you mention our local Tesla group. As much as I would love the XPEL XR Plus, the price difference for all the glass being done is quite large. I still have to get a quote from ALSET and one other regularly recommended shop, but I'm guessing they'll be somewhere in the same ballpark. That discount from Glacier makes a difference when you're talking spending between $1k-3k on your car.

Right now, my main objective is to get the front PPF done as soon as possible to protect it before I start getting all the road debris hitting the front. I've found that the full front is between $1500-1900 depending on the shop. If we can get a good deal on the tint and/or PPF, I'd totally be interested. Otherwise, I'll be piecemealing the work between different shops to get the best price for each item. They're all top rated shops. It just means I won't get it all done at once.

Was looking for tint options and stumbled on this thread. Did this group buy make any progress?

My MS arrived in a week. And would like to tint it as early as possible.
1.Any one have recommendations and price points on tints?
2. Did you also tint the glass roof?

Was looking for tint options and stumbled on this thread. Did this group buy make any progress?

My MS arrived in a week. And would like to tint it as early as possible.
1.Any one have recommendations and price points on tints?
2. Did you also tint the glass roof?
Doesn't look like it ever happened. I finally got mine done last Friday. I use Glacier in Arlington. This is my 2nd time using them. It really depends on which ceramic tint you want.

The main ones people get are Xpel and Lumar. Glacier uses Lumar. Each place is different. Xpel is a lot more expensive than Lumar. Xpel XR Plus is definitely better if you look at the numbers, but for the price difference, it's not a big enough difference between the two of them. Like I got all my windows with Lumar IRX, windshield with Air80, and the top glass with Air80 and with the local North Texas Tesla Owners Group (search them on Facebook) discount it came to $810. No way you'll get anywhere near that with Xpel. It also depends on how fast you want to get in. Glacier has been a 3-6 week wait while others are much faster. The cost savings were worth that to me and I liked how they did my Model 3 5 years ago, so I went back. Just another place for you to check out.

Reactions: ExtraPav
Doesn't look like it ever happened. I finally got mine done last Friday. I use Glacier in Arlington. This is my 2nd time using them. It really depends on which ceramic tint you want.

The main ones people get are Xpel and Lumar. Glacier uses Lumar. Each place is different. Xpel is a lot more expensive than Lumar. Xpel XR Plus is definitely better if you look at the numbers, but for the price difference, it's not a big enough difference between the two of them. Like I got all my windows with Lumar IRX, windshield with Air80, and the top glass with Air80 and with the local North Texas Tesla Owners Group (search them on Facebook) discount it came to $810. No way you'll get anywhere near that with Xpel. It also depends on how fast you want to get in. Glacier has been a 3-6 week wait while others are much faster. The cost savings were worth that to me and I liked how they did my Model 3 5 years ago, so I went back. Just another place for you to check out.
Great details, thank you.