Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint in Dallas - Are these prices good

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I got this quote from XPEL in Dallas, Are these tint prices good or overpriced ?

Side and Back Window on Model :

PRIME XR: $399, PRIME XR PLUS: $699

Windshield :

PRIME XR 70 Black $299, PRIME XR PLUS 70 Black $399

Sunroof

PRIME XR 80 Black $600, PRIME XR Plus 70 $700

Paint & PPF: $1,795* for full-sized trucks/SUVs. (I'm debating if I truly need ppf or whether a simple ceramic coating for the entire Model Y will suffice).

Waiting for your replies,

Thanks.

Paint & PPF: $1,795* for full-sized trucks/SUVs. (I'm debating if I truly need ppf or whether a simple ceramic coating for the entire Model Y will suffice).

Thanks.

Highly encourage you to ask whichever shop this is you're going to, to have them explain the differences between these 2 products. They shouldn't be compared between one another as they're totally different products with different benefits/purposes. Once you know, it should be fairly easy for you to decide between the two. 👍

Hi All,

I got this quote from XPEL in Dallas, Are these tint prices good or overpriced ?

Side and Back Window on Model :

PRIME XR: $399, PRIME XR PLUS: $699

Windshield :

PRIME XR 70 Black $299, PRIME XR PLUS 70 Black $399

Sunroof

PRIME XR 80 Black $600, PRIME XR Plus 70 $700

Thanks.
I shopped around and "researched" the shops/installers in the DFW areas. It was more about the quality of work and reasonable pricing. You know which shop I decided to take my 2023 MYP to :)

I had a very bad experience with Clear Bra North Dallas at their Argyle location. I took brand new Tesla directly there and they scratched my bumper during installation and there were so many imperfections. They promise to deliver it next day but they took 3 days. There don't answer the phone calls if you want to know the status. When I asked them about the scratches they are extremely rude and abused me with bad words and made very bad racial comments on the culture. Both the owner and the workers are very rude. Please stay away from this place. I never ever encountered anything like this in my life time. I don't know how Xpel have such bad people as their dealers, I reported it directly to XPEL, hope they take some action.

308 FM 1830 BLDG 17 Suite E Argyle, Tx. 76226
1325 Whitlock Ln. Suite 309 Carrollton, Tx. 75006

I had my car tint and PPF done at Xpel Dallas and they did great work. I had set up a group buy and a bunch of cars were done. I don't know anybody who wasn't happy with their work that was part of the group buy.

Can you share the name of the place. I just got a quote for same at 2100

i went to AFS.

went to the midtown location since it's closest to me and i've been taken my previous cars there for tinting and car washes.

Who in the world are you guys going to for those crazy tint prices??? I'm getting quotes right now for my new Y and for the Xpel XR Plus I've got 2 quotes from highly recommended shops for Tesla's for ~$1350. If I split getting tint between those 2 shops, I could go down to $1225 for all windows, windshield, and full roof glass. It's about $400 cheaper to get all that same stuff done using Lumar IRX at Glacier. I'm currently trying to decide if I think the Xpel XR Plus is worth that big a price difference.