Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinting roof?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do most owners do with regard to the glass roof? Is it worth tinting with heat repelling film? I don't live in a crazy hot environment but summer is summer.

I have a double panel moon roof on my F150 that I usually leave closed and covered, so not sure how much I would miss if at all the transparency of the glass roof.

Had 30% full tint on my myp and removed it because it created a glare when opening my phone at night and didn’t feel it was worth keeping. The shop i go to usually recommends around 50%- 70% tint for functionality since the darker the film the more heat it also attracts. Im in LA and opted to just leave it stock. Im 5% ceramic all around with 50% on the windshield and im happy with that…

Had 30% full tint on my myp and removed it because it created a glare when opening my phone at night and didn’t feel it was worth keeping. The shop i go to usually recommends around 50%- 70% tint for functionality since the darker the film the more heat it also attracts. Im in LA and opted to just leave it stock. Im 5% ceramic all around with 50% on the windshield and im happy with that…
Damn, maybe I'll just tint everything but the roof then.