Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinting Windows - Los Angeles Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had great experiences with Signature Glass in Costa Mesa. It's not a bad drive from LA at all. They have a no questions asked guarantee. I had my Audi window smashed a month or so ago and went there to have the replacement re-tinted and they did it for free. While I was there I talked to them about the M3 tinting and I don't want to quote what they told me (because I forget the price) but it sounded reasonable. I plan to take mine there when I get it.
Signature Glass Tinting | Serving Costa Mesa, CA & Orange County

I've had great experiences with Signature Glass in Costa Mesa. It's not a bad drive from LA at all. They have a no questions asked guarantee. I had my Audi window smashed a month or so ago and went there to have the replacement re-tinted and they did it for free. While I was there I talked to them about the M3 tinting and I don't want to quote what they told me (because I forget the price) but it sounded reasonable. I plan to take mine there when I get it.
Signature Glass Tinting | Serving Costa Mesa, CA & Orange County

Thanks for the suggestion. I just messaged them for a quote.

i have a place that did a great job on the tint, but some water got underneath the rear windshield onto the rear brake light area and I'm asking them to see if they can address this minor issue. Besides that the tint was great. I can't full endorse until this is resolved. I'm messaged them and will update/recommend if they can resolve my minor concern.

My friend just tinted the rear window of a Tesla Model 3 in one piece great job and fantastic price. Give Jimmy a Call. I will post pictures later today.
Jimmy Tint Shop.JPG

Agree! Extreme Autowerks for the best Window Film in the industry, Spectra Photosync.

Extreme Autowerks
600 Lunar Ave, Suite B
BREA, CALIFORNIA 92821

Phone: (562) 551-8070
Email: [email protected]

Thanks for posting the updated address info. I heard the move to Brea was imminent but didn’t know exactly when they’d be done.

Looking forward to seeing the new shop - need to get over there to have the front pano panel done/tinted to cut glare. Having the windshield done w/ Photosync 75 (essentially invisible, with 35 for the rest) did wonders to cut glare. I’ll go a tad darker for the pano :).

That photosync was quoted $$$ by extreme autoworks, but maybe that film is really that much better/more expensive. Ballpark for the Model 3, not including the windshield id say it's around what Az Rael paid. I would recommend Window Tintz in LA, which is where I went. They have transparent pricing on their "pricing wall" there. The owner David/Eric are very nice. My installer at the location Danny was great.

As I understand it, Prestige Films does not allow photosync installers to be within 50mi of one another. If correct, that is a much larger radius than is required by 3M, resulting in less price competition between (and higher prices for) photsync installs. I'm not saying that photosync isn't better than Crystalline - it might well be - but the pricing of it may be driven more by this supply/demand dynamic than quality.

That photosync was quoted $$$ by extreme autoworks, but maybe that film is really that much better/more expensive.

Here are some videos showing what Spectra Photosync looks like on different colors:

Photosync 75 windshield + 45 on sides and rear - Gray Model 3

Photosync 75 windshield + 35 on sides and rear - White Model 3

Photosync 75 windshield + 35 on sides and rear - interior video

Another product that everyone should consider is Ceraluxe Quantum Ceramic, which is a 100% pure nano-ceramic film (not all ceramic films are made equal). And this film blocks out almost as much as Photosync.

CeraLuxe Quantum Ceramic® | Prestige