TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tinting Windows - Los Angeles Area

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by PT423, Apr 5, 2018.

1. PT423

PT423 Member

I was just wonder where everyone is getting their Model 3 tinted at? Prefer if its around the East LA / San Gabriel Valley.
    Can you list where, how much, what type, were they able to do the rear windshield in one or two piece? Thanks in advance

2. MosquitoFloss

MosquitoFloss Member

I've had great experiences with Signature Glass in Costa Mesa. It's not a bad drive from LA at all. They have a no questions asked guarantee. I had my Audi window smashed a month or so ago and went there to have the replacement re-tinted and they did it for free. While I was there I talked to them about the M3 tinting and I don't want to quote what they told me (because I forget the price) but it sounded reasonable. I plan to take mine there when I get it.
    Signature Glass Tinting | Serving Costa Mesa, CA & Orange County

3. PT423

PT423 Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I just messaged them for a quote.

4. OCD55

OCD55 Member

i have a place that did a great job on the tint, but some water got underneath the rear windshield onto the rear brake light area and I'm asking them to see if they can address this minor issue. Besides that the tint was great. I can't full endorse until this is resolved. I'm messaged them and will update/recommend if they can resolve my minor concern.

5. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Active Member

i am pretty sure OP is the same person that posted on reddit. not sure if you saw there but i ended up making a gallery for you.
    model 3 3M crystalline 60%

6. Mayo

Mayo Member

My friend just tinted the rear window of a Tesla Model 3 in one piece great job and fantastic price. Give Jimmy a Call. I will post pictures later today. Jimmy Tint Shop.JPG

7. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Extreme Autowerks. Cerritos. Accept no substitutes. Check em out on Yelp. Ask for Bing. They’ve done hundreds of Teslas.

8. Fusion

Fusion Member

What prices are you guys paying? Also ceramic vs non-ceramic makes a big difference.

9. Premier Mobile

Premier Mobile Local Vendor - NorCal

Agree! Extreme Autowerks for the best Window Film in the industry, Spectra Photosync.

Extreme Autowerks
    600 Lunar Ave, Suite B
    BREA, CALIFORNIA 92821

Phone: (562) 551-8070
    Email: [email protected]

10. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Thanks for posting the updated address info. I heard the move to Brea was imminent but didn’t know exactly when they’d be done.

Looking forward to seeing the new shop - need to get over there to have the front pano panel done/tinted to cut glare. Having the windshield done w/ Photosync 75 (essentially invisible, with 35 for the rest) did wonders to cut glare. I’ll go a tad darker for the pano :).

11. flyingpenguins

Would a couple of you mind posting price ranges for the quotes you received? You don’t have to name the shop if you prefer, just would like to know a ballpark. Thanks!

12. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I paid $695 for 3M crystalline 70 all the way around minus my winshield. They did the rear glass as one piece. Had it done by Autoskinz in Valencia.

• Like x 1
  13. OCD55

OCD55 Member

That photosync was quoted $$$ by extreme autoworks, but maybe that film is really that much better/more expensive. Ballpark for the Model 3, not including the windshield id say it's around what Az Rael paid. I would recommend Window Tintz in LA, which is where I went. They have transparent pricing on their "pricing wall" there. The owner David/Eric are very nice. My installer at the location Danny was great.

14. effinb

effinb Member

As I understand it, Prestige Films does not allow photosync installers to be within 50mi of one another. If correct, that is a much larger radius than is required by 3M, resulting in less price competition between (and higher prices for) photsync installs. I'm not saying that photosync isn't better than Crystalline - it might well be - but the pricing of it may be driven more by this supply/demand dynamic than quality.

15. PT423

PT423 Member

16. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

Anyone know if they need to take off the door panel to do the tint? I hate pry marks and all of these tint places leave pry marks if they need to take off your door panel

• Like x 1
  17. Premier Mobile

Here are some videos showing what Spectra Photosync looks like on different colors:

Photosync 75 windshield + 45 on sides and rear - Gray Model 3

Photosync 75 windshield + 35 on sides and rear - White Model 3

Photosync 75 windshield + 35 on sides and rear - interior video

Another product that everyone should consider is Ceraluxe Quantum Ceramic, which is a 100% pure nano-ceramic film (not all ceramic films are made equal). And this film blocks out almost as much as Photosync.

CeraLuxe Quantum Ceramic® | Prestige

18. Premier Mobile

Here is a white Model 3 with:
    Photosync 75 windshield
    Photosync 55 front 2
    Photosync 35 rears

19. amoney805

amoney805 Member

I paid $400 for driver, passenger, and one piece rear windshield. 30% Suntek Cir (ceramic).

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  20. Hakushu

Hakushu Member

where did you have this done? seems like a great price.