Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TIP: FSDb/AP steering wheel flashes on/off making it difficult to engage FSDb all together

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland
has anyone else had any luck figuring out the problem where the AP steering wheel flashes on/off making it difficult to engage FSDb all together?
Just wondering if maybe it is related to cameras being clean, or if anyone contacted service?
I've had it happen a fair amount more on v11 than v10. It seems to correlate with how well the lanes are "defined".

My recent TIP to people: least annoying way to engage (failure chime) when it is intermittently flashing is to
* pull once (TACC),
* wait briefly to make sure the grey steer wheel is still there,
* then pull a second time if it is.

• Helpful
Reactions: X-pilot and haroldo
Facebook: R.R.
Problem solved: Since I installed v11, I have had problems re-engaging after disengaging. I finally noticed that it was possible to re-engage if I slightly straddled the middle line. That gave me the idea to re-calibrate my cameras which seems to have solved the problem. I can now re-engage FSD after a disengagement and turns are much smoother. No longer does my yoke stutter when turning.
When calibrating your cameras, it warns you that it may take 100 miles of driving. At least for me, it was 15 miles and 20 minutes.

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot and JB47394