Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tire/alignment shop recommendation for Boston metro west / Natick area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning to put crossclimite 2 on our model Y, but Costco wouldn't do it, because CC2 is V rated, and OEM is W rated tire!!!

So I am looking for recommendation. I used townfare tires in Framingham before, and they sucks!
One tire was not inflated, and they lost one lug nut!
When I complained, they gave me $2 and ask me to go buy a new one!!!

So I am looking for a shop that care about their customers and their cars.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: kayak1
The Wheel Fix 55 Pond St. Unit 7 Waltham, MA 02451
781-472-2339 Nick is the owner.
These guys are great. In addition to mounting and balancing, they have repaired the curb rash on several of my Arachnids.
I think they would mount any tire that met the load rating.
That said, I have only asked them to mount OEM tires (that I purchased from TireRack).
I would never buy tires from, or expect decent service from Costco or Townfair (after they bought out those other guys?).

The Wheel Fix 55 Pond St. Unit 7 Waltham, MA 02451
781-472-2339 Nick is the owner.
These guys are great. In addition to mounting and balancing, they have repaired the curb rash on several of my Arachnids.
I think they would mount any tire that met the load rating.
That said, I have only asked them to mount OEM tires (that I purchased from TireRack).
I would never buy tires from, or expect decent service from Costco or Townfair (after they bought out those other guys?).

thanks! I will keep these guys on my list too! It is always good to have a few trusted shop to work on my car! :)

Reactions: kayak1
great! now that you mentioned it, I used them before like 8yrs ago.
Good to know that they service Tesla! Many shops don't know how to jack up a Tesla!
I will call them tomorrow!

talked to Wheel Dynamix today over the phone, and they are $100+ more per tire compare to tire rack.com.
And they want $250 for alignment because he said Tesla need a special equipment to do alignment....
seems like he was BS-ing me.... not getting a good vibe....

email exchange with Wheel Fix, and they are more fair. $400 cheaper than Wheel Dynamix for same tire mounted/balanced.
But they don't do alignment.... hard to find a one shop solution

so, where should I do alignment? NTB??