Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire change over to winter in Toronto area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been going to them since 2013 for my Tesla MS but it used to be free so I put up with inconvenience of going there. Now I'm not sure I want to wait the hour it takes each time they do a changeover on rims when I'm paying. Looking for recommendations for a mobile service if those on here do not think Go Tire is good.

Go Tire is the worst... had 3 x brand new 19" OEM rims scuffed by them and a broken Tesla TPMS sensor. I would steer clear from them. Unfortunately I don't have any othe recommendation.

• Informative
Reactions: mahagala
Streetville Tires in Mississauga got me out of a bind. Colin and Brandy fit me in last minute and changed a broken valve at 6pm in the evening when every large outfit turned me away with a low pressure tire. Small shops always offer better service than the large chains.

$50 for valve fix and rebalancing. Larger chains wanted $120 plus a two week wait.

Not anymore. Since earlier this year, Costco would only install tires that were purchased from them. Many in this thread recommended KalTire. I have an appointment with Tire23 in Mississauga, it's $100 for installing tires.
Mine was installed at Costco. I did not buy either wheels or tires from them. I think they do not put tires on wheels if you did not buy tires from them. My local Costco is excellent as they are equipped with an adapter specifically for Tesla to hoist it.

I get my M3SR+ next week and the first thing I am doing is getting the snows put on the existing rims, Tesla doesn't want to do it as I am providing the tires rather than buying from them. Any recommendations for an installer in the Durham area. Prefer to use someone who has done Teslas previously and the two shops that I use for the ICE cars haven't.

Bobcat99 do you have the winter tires on rims? or you need to put them on the stock rims?
I used Discount Tire and Auto is Oshawa before, they did a good job.

Thanks I will give them a call.
I am getting the winter tires put on the stock rims, availability and cost of the TPMS is an issue right now and will visit it in the summer again.
BTW, I am getting the same colour as in your Avatar. Looks really nice. I was worried that the blue is to bright but it takes on different looks in different lights.

Forgot to say congratulations on the new car. I hope you enjoy it.
Mine is the old Dark Navy Blue, I think it was discontinued in 2015.
But I do like the new blue the Tesla uses.

Attachments

• 20190620_002657000_iOS.jpg
    20190620_002657000_iOS.jpg
    794.1 KB · Views: 91