Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Engineers Not Recommended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was recommended to Tire Engineers by one of the Tesla rangers. He said that they use that location for all of their service work. I had had a previous bad experience with Tire Engineers, but decided to go for a consultation on two of my current tires that seemed to have more wear than they should

I am an easygoing sort, and so I was startled by the immediate attitude of the representative that I spoke to. I was immediately made to feel as though I was the adversary, rather than the customer. There is no need to bare all of the details, and, had this been a one off experience, I would not be so shell shocked now. However, two strikes at two locations leads me to dissuade you from using this company. Perhaps they are better in other areas of the country, but down here in Baton Rouge, I would not even slow down, much less stop.

Unless, of course, you enjoy hearing employees state to your face, (I quote) "I hate working on these cars."

..."I hate working on these cars."

It does take more steps to service a Tesla:

1) Make sure you don't crush the battery on the bottom
2) Make sure to deactivate air suspension if there's one.
3) For wheel alignment, Tesla is turned off if there's no buttocks sitting on the driver seat.,,

and do the workers get compensated for extra steps?