Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire installers in North Pittsburgh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short, got a flat in our rear tire on our Model X. Decided to order tires from Tire Rack. I have called a number of tire service shops around the Cranberry, Wexford PA area to find someone to install these new tires. Interestingly, so far the Pepboys, Monro, and Firestone shops all said they can't/ don't want to touch Tesla's for tires, even the Firestone where we just did our annual PA inspection. Fortunately we do have a Tesla SC nearby but will have to wait until next week for an appointment. Still surprised to hear the other shops won't do tire changes for Tesla's. Other than the weight and jack points, is there something more complicated about swapping tires on a Tesla? Or maybe it's just a Pittsburgh thing although definitely you're seeing more on the roads including Model 3's... Anyhoo if someone knows of a reputable shop that has experience changing Tesla tired in the area, let me know. Thanks

I would think if they don't have something to use for the jack points (having not done it before), you could supply something (hockey pucks? the ones for sale on TMC? I have a set of those, work well, no connection myself...) and show them what needs to be done.

Besides that and removing the lug nut covers in advance so they don't get wrecked, I can't think of anything that's 'special'. You could let them know the torque for the lug nuts, but wtf.. :D

• Informative
Reactions: pakman00
Long story short, got a flat in our rear tire on our Model X. Decided to order tires from Tire Rack. I have called a number of tire service shops around the Cranberry, Wexford PA area to find someone to install these new tires. Interestingly, so far the Pepboys, Monro, and Firestone shops all said they can't/ don't want to touch Tesla's for tires, even the Firestone where we just did our annual PA inspection. Fortunately we do have a Tesla SC nearby but will have to wait until next week for an appointment. Still surprised to hear the other shops won't do tire changes for Tesla's. Other than the weight and jack points, is there something more complicated about swapping tires on a Tesla? Or maybe it's just a Pittsburgh thing although definitely you're seeing more on the roads including Model 3's... Anyhoo if someone knows of a reputable shop that has experience changing Tesla tired in the area, let me know. Thanks

Messaged you on Facebook -- look in "message request" folder. We have a local group with a full list of recommended places for various things.

Sorry to hear about the flat tire. I'm in the area and am surprised those shops indicated they won't work on it as some of the local owners have used them in the past.

I'll send you a PM about the local Tesla group on FB so you can join that and maybe someone has other suggestions for you.