Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire pressure monitoring system fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wideglide

Supporting Member
Jul 28, 2023
Palm Coast, FL
I got Tire pressure monitoring system fault message on my dashboard and have an appointment to take it in for a fix. Seems like something which could be done by mobile service. Has anyone been able to get that? Tesla service not answering my inquiry about it.

I got Tire pressure monitoring system fault message on my dashboard and have an appointment to take it in for a fix. Seems like something which could be done by mobile service. Has anyone been able to get that? Tesla service not answering my inquiry about it.
As soon as they review your request/appointment they should make appropriate change if necessary. They will let you know via app message. I set up for something via mobile service and had it switched a day later after review and took the car in.

By the way, have you tried rebooting the system? Hold both scroll wheels until the center screen blacks out. The car will reboot and perhaps solve your problem.

Reactions: PR0FESSOR
I’m getting the tire pressure monitoring system fault error too. Did reboot few times. It will go away. Then come back. Seems to be more lately. Still shows tire pressure for each tire.

I also recently noticed rattling sound coming from rear drivers side tire. Almost sounds like something is loose and only at slow speeds. I’m half wondering if the tps sensor broke part way off and is rattling around inside tires. lol. I mean that’s kind of what it sounds like. Have an apt Wednesday at service center for it and for the blasphemous key fob that won’t work unless I raise my leg right next to door. 2020 model S performance. Which I’m doubting they will fix but trying for second time.

Any luck on how to fix it or did it just fix itself. I just got this on my model 3.
I brought it for service and told them I thought it had broken off inside of wheel because of how the sound was from rear at slow speeds.

The guy at front desk said he didn’t think that would be it but said there look at it.

But sure enough that is exactly what happened. They found part of it broke off inside rolling around and they just needed to replace the temp sensor and problem solved

Still the key issue with very poor connectivity even with new key where I even sit in drivers seat with car fob in pocket and it says key not detected.

Very frustrated they don’t really fix issue by addressing the real issue and put door sensors in like refresh.

But I’m a nobody so have to deal with it. Just resorted to using app to start it and just press brake so it “starts”