Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VCSEC_a222 tire pressure monitoring system fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’ve had my model 3 LR for about three months and my back left tire just gave me a VCSEC_a222 tire pressure monitoring system fault code poped up. I checked the tire and doesn’t seem like there’s a nail or something in it and checked the pressure and it’s at 38 via my physical pressure checker, all other tires are 40-41. The car shows 40 about a week ago on my back left tire. I’m going to drive it tonight because it does say it can go away but wondering if this is just a service center thing or is there a way to fix it myself?

So I’ve had my model 3 LR for about three months and my back left tire just gave me a VCSEC_a222 tire pressure monitoring system fault code poped up. I checked the tire and doesn’t seem like there’s a nail or something in it and checked the pressure and it’s at 38 via my physical pressure checker, all other tires are 40-41. The car shows 40 about a week ago on my back left tire. I’m going to drive it tonight because it does say it can go away but wondering if this is just a service center thing or is there a way to fix it myself?

It will go away. Don't worry about it.

It's a monitoring SYSTEM fault. Has nothing to do with a tire.

I'm north of 55 in age now and sometimes I wake up with a crook in my neck or a pain in my ankle where I didn't think I had nerves. Then it goes away. I did nothing but go to sleep....then.... oh well.

It will go away.

Upvote 0
It will go away. Don't worry about it.

It's a monitoring SYSTEM fault. Has nothing to do with a tire.

I'm north of 55 in age now and sometimes I wake up with a crook in my neck or a pain in my ankle where I didn't think I had nerves. Then it goes away. I did nothing but go to sleep....then.... oh well.

It will go away.
I hope so. And that is what I was leaning towards that the tire is fine it is just the sensor. I’m not used to this high tech I am used to tire light comes on guess it’s a nail or too cold outside. I guess if it doesn’t go away and my pressure stays the same I’ll just call a service then to have them replace it should hopefully be covered by warranty since its not too old yet.

Upvote 0
I hope so. And that is what I was leaning towards that the tire is fine it is just the sensor. I’m not used to this high tech I am used to tire light comes on guess it’s a nail or too cold outside. I guess if it doesn’t go away and my pressure stays the same I’ll just call a service then to have them replace it should hopefully be covered by warranty since its not too old yet.

Almost.

It's not even the sensor.

It's a fault of the "system" that reads the sensor. In other words, the car can't read any sensors. The system had a fault. I have reset my "system" many times before to get rid of that fault. It is not necessary to reset it because it will eventually reset itself.

It will reset and be ok.

Upvote 0
Well it didn’t go away so I took it in for service today. Took 30 mins and they fixed the issue by replacing it with a new one. Didn’t cost me anything probably because I’m still under warranty because I bought it so recently. Just an update for anyone else seeing this issue.

Upvote 0
Well it didn’t go away so I took it in for service today. Took 30 mins and they fixed the issue by replacing it with a new one. Didn’t cost me anything probably because I’m still under warranty because I bought it so recently. Just an update for anyone else seeing this issue.
i had this same alert "tire pressure monitoring system fault" and nothing wrong with my tires.. my model y is only a month old, and this alert isn't going away after 4 days now. i asked for service request, but no response. can i confirm the resolution for you was a hardware replacement to resolve, not a software change? I did notice this happened after the latest software update.

Upvote 0
i had this same alert "tire pressure monitoring system fault" and nothing wrong with my tires.. my model y is only a month old, and this alert isn't going away after 4 days now. i asked for service request, but no response. can i confirm the resolution for you was a hardware replacement to resolve, not a software change? I did notice this happened after the latest software update.

Did you try a 2 button steering wheel reset?

Upvote 0
Did you try a 2 button steering wheel reset?
yes, nothing works... checked tesla manual and no troubleshooting info on the monitor alert, has nothing to do with the tire pressure, just monitor is having issues.. tesla (france) takes forever to come back, just got a reply asking if my tire pressure is fine, when i gave them all the screenshots, etc.. basically left rear wheel says no update on psi for 4 days and counting... SMH... i wonder if this is a symptom of another issue?

Upvote 0