Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just got 20x9 wheels, from EV Wheel Direct- the roadster style wheels - and I’m having trouble figuring out the right tire size.

I have the M3 RWD- and the wheel manufacturer recommends a 235/35/20 tire- but after I went to a shop the wheel sticks out and has no tire room and I will mess it up while probably parking with a side walk on a bad day.

If you have this wheel or have knowledge on tires, what is the correct size I should get for this? I had to return the 235/35/20 tires and ordered the 255/30/20 tires, but I was then told that it might scratch the front tires. Any help would be great and appreciated.

Wheels are: EVR "Roadster Style" Wheel for Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model Y, & Tesla Model S

Thank you!

245/40 tire is a good size to go with. A skinnier tire (235) allows the edge of the wheel to be exposed making it more prone to curb damage. Who told you what about "scratching tires" with the 255 size? There are plenty of owners running the 255 size and many threads here about that with aftermarket wheels.