Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

245/45r19 tires on 19x9.5" +29 Apex 5rs wheels? (23' M3P)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 23' M3P. Apex wheels recommends a 265/35 tire for these wheels. I'm looking at getting the Hankook Ion evo AS (mostly for treadlife and reducing road noise) tires but they only go up to 245/45. Would this be an issue or should they fit? Any other tire/wheel recommendations appreciated.

I have a 23' M3P. Apex wheels recommends a 265/35 tire for these wheels. I'm looking at getting the Hankook Ion evo AS (mostly for treadlife and reducing road noise) tires but they only go up to 245/45. Would this be an issue or should they fit? Any other tire/wheel recommendations appreciated.
I was kind of browsing some of the EV tires yesterday. Based on what I saw, I'm thinking the available sizes are likely to be sizes OEs are using on current EVs. I noticed 275/30R20s are available in the PZero Elects which could be due to the upcoming M3P replacement. Just checked the 19 inch sizes and they are listing the 265/35R19. These aren't all-seasons though and I'm not sure they are easy to get yet.

As an aside, I'm running the 20" version of the same wheels. I started with the 265/30R20, but found the 275/30R20 more to my liking visually. Both feel good at the limits, but I haven't pushed the 275s as hard yet as I haven't been able to run up the canyons due to the weather. Keeps raining on the weekends.

245/45R19 would have an overall diameter of 27.7 inches which is too tall for a Model 3. The 265/35R19 they recommended is 26.3 inches which is just about the sweet spot for this car.

Can you find a 245/40R19 that you like?

@KBM3P EV focused tires usually only come in OE sizes for popular EVs from what I've seen (no matter if they are or aren't OE).

If you haven't bought the wheels yet, and you want an EV focused tire, how about going 8.5" or 9" wide for your wheels? Then you can comfortably run an OE tire size and get the kind of tires you're wanting.

19x9.5" wheels on a Model 3 will give you a good selection of performance tires, if you drop the "quiet" and "long lasting" goals. :)

Reactions: Lindenwood