Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TireRack Winter Wheels and Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NewTMSMan

Aug 21, 2017
USA
Terrible experience with TireRack. Bought 4 wheels and winter tires for our Model 3 P+ and the first delivery had 2 damaged wheels. When I called the wheels were out of stock and I had to wait a week and a half for the replacements, which were both supposed to be mounted and balanced for the passenger side. They then sent me one drivers side and one passenger side. When I called they then wanted me to take the incorrectly mounted and balanced tire to a local shop to get it remounted and balanced. 3+ weeks from ordering and I still cannot install the wheels and tires I paid over $2k for.

Would not recommend buying from TireRack. Have had good experiences with tires in the past, but this experience has been just terrible.

could be due to high volume right now with the winter coming.
I've ordered wheels and tires before from them and was pleasantly surprised by how quick stuff was delivered to my place. No issue with balancing

While obviously impossible to know, the damage was probably from UPS, so hard to blame TireRack for that.

And while they did make a mistake on the re-ship, assuming they pay for the remounting/balancing at a local shop that is undoubtedly lots faster than having them re-ship more tire packages to you.

I've used TireRack a lot over the years. The few times I've had a problem, they were always right on top of it.

Sounds reasonable to me, so long as they pay for the service.

Yeah the $20 to remount the tires is really the issue here,,,, not that I have now waited 3 weeks only to have to find a local shop, take the wheel there and risk they damage it while removing and remounting the tire and balancing it and wasting a half day of my weekend to fix their second screw up in one order. Yeah better make sure I get the $20 back and then all is good....

I spent $5k with them alone this year and they won’t be getting any more business from me.

While obviously impossible to know, the damage was probably from UPS, so hard to blame TireRack for that.

And while they did make a mistake on the re-ship, assuming they pay for the remounting/balancing at a local shop that is undoubtedly lots faster than having them re-ship more tire packages to you.

I've used TireRack a lot over the years. The few times I've had a problem, they were always right on top of it.

No damage to the packaging at all and gouges in the wheels in multiple spots, almost definitely these were packaged with the damage to the wheel.

I have also use TireRack a lot over the years, and as I mentioned above have spent $5k alone with them this year. This level of unreliability with other options available and they won't be getting any of my business in the future.

Well spent all morning going from shop to shop and no one wanted to touch the wheels with their tire machine. Eventually called TireRack and got them to recommend a shop and went there and same result. I called TireRack again and went to a second shop recommended by them and the second shop was finally able to remount and balance the wheel. Actually took 4 hours total going from shop to shop until the time I was home to finish the installation, but all done now.

fn9rpz.jpg

Well spent all morning going from shop to shop and no one wanted to touch the wheels with their tire machine. Eventually called TireRack and got them to recommend a shop and went there and same result. I called TireRack again and went to a second shop recommended by them and the second shop was finally able to remount and balance the wheel. Actually took 4 hours total going from shop to shop until the time I was home to finish the installation, but all done now.

I picked up the same rims and Michelin Ice-X from Tirerack a couple of weeks ago for our P3D. I feel really good about the setup here in the Pocono Mountains of Pa. You will be happy from here.....

fn9rpz.jpg