Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tires for Induction wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to replace the tires on my 2020 MY. It has a 20” induction wheels. Where is it preferable to buy them(Tesla vs outside of Tesla if available or is it a good idea to buy from people selling on eBay with 2-300 miles on it), and which one is recommended, all season(I have this currently)? What would be the price range?

Thanks in advance,
Ananth

I have to replace the tires on my 2020 MY. It has a 20” induction wheels. Where is it preferable to buy them(Tesla vs outside of Tesla if available or is it a good idea to buy from people selling on eBay with 2-300 miles on it), and which one is recommended, all season(I have this currently)? What would be the price range?

Thanks in advance,
Ananth
Go to tire rack or Costco, why take chances on used tires?

@Jersey50 just started offering new-takeoff 20" Goodyears.

Even at $1,100 for a set of brand-new takeoff Goodyear F1's.. I would pass. Its a tire with decent dry grip and that's about it. It pretty much sucks in every other category.

For $100 more could get the super highly rated Continental DWS06 Plus.. or spend $200 more for the super-duper highly rated Michelin Pilot Sport AS4. Both of these tires will give you the maximum amount of wet/dry grip.. and even decent traction in the snow. They should both last around 35-45K miles before replacement.. depending on your driving style. I personally could not wait to get rid of the crappy Goodyear F1s.. and would not recommend them to anyone else looking for new tires for the OEM 20" Induction wheels.

I see the OP is located in NJ. Both of these tires should be fine year-round. If you live in a part of NJ with heavy snow.. and snow + ice are really that much of a concern.. look into the Michelin Cross Climate 2.. or the Vredestein Quatrac. Both are "all-weather" tires.. not just "all-season" tires. This means they have extra traction in snow/ice conditions and will give traction similar to a dedicated winter tire.. but being "all-weather" they can be used all year round. The Vredsteins will be quite a bit cheaper than the name brand Michelin.. who is considered the best/most expensive tire manufacturer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackdforme
Even at $1,100 for a set of brand-new takeoff Goodyear F1's.. I would pass. Its a tire with decent dry grip and that's about it. It pretty much sucks in every other category.

For $100 more could get the super highly rated Continental DWS06 Plus.. or spend $200 more for the super-duper highly rated Michelin Pilot Sport AS4. Both of these tires will give you the maximum amount of wet/dry grip.. and even decent traction in the snow. They should both last around 35-45K miles before replacement.. depending on your driving style. I personally could not wait to get rid of the crappy Goodyear F1s.. and would not recommend them to anyone else looking for new tires for the OEM 20" Induction wheels.

I see the OP is located in NJ. Both of these tires should be fine year-round. If you live in a part of NJ with heavy snow.. and snow + ice are really that much of a concern.. look into the Michelin Cross Climate 2.. or the Vredestein Quatrac. Both are "all-weather" tires.. not just "all-season" tires. This means they have extra traction in snow/ice conditions and will give traction similar to a dedicated winter tire.. but being "all-weather" they can be used all year round. The Vredsteins will be quite a bit cheaper than the name brand Michelin.. who is considered the best/most expensive tire manufacturer.
checked crossclimate2, didn’t see it produces 255/40/20 size, what would be the best size available for induction for this tire?