Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Titan 7 center cap alternative

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ninpb

Jun 19, 2018
So Cal
The 56mm OEM and after market center caps are 1mm too small and slightly different than the Titan 7 center caps.
https://www.amazon.com/Lan-Center-C...a+center+cap+black,automotive,148&sr=1-3&th=1
I ordered one from Amazon anyways and messed with it and got it to fit.
I wrapped electrical tape around the c-ring that gives the latches tension so that it widens. It now clicks into place.
I have only done 10 miles street driving but they are still there. I'll update later with more miles driven.

PXL_20220124_192912376.jpg

PXL_20220124_194626369.jpg

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Rodney! and tm1v2
Cause they're $100 and don't have the Tesla logo? I bought them out of laziness and wanting an exact color match, but this seems like a good alternative.
They are pricey and maybe if I find these are just good enough and I don't even look at them one way or the other in the next week then I'll be happy to cancel the T7 center caps I have on backorder.

Don't get me wrong, the T7 caps are nice and I don't regret buying them at all. I appreciate that the T7 logo itself is very subtle on the caps. That and the color match keep things low key, which I prefer, I don't really want to draw too much attention to my car.

Just saying I understand why some T7 wheel buyers might make a different choice. :)

No issues at all with 245s vs 235/45R18?
None. I've only ever used 245 width tires on 8.5" wheels, including on other two cars which came with 245s on 8.5" wide wheels (one of them a Tesla).

235 is also considered fine on 8.5" wide wheels but I didn't see any reason to go narrower. Also 235/45R18 is 0.8% smaller diameter than the OE 235/35R20 tires, while 245/45R18 is 0.8% larger diameter. Those differences are small but I'd rather go slightly larger diameter than slightly smaller. (Either fits 100% fine.)

Reactions: ninpb
I can't really compare as this is my first set of aftermarket wheels ever but what I have look very well made. The finish is good with no defects at all.
Exactly the same for me.

The machining and finish look excellent to me, no defects at all that I could spot. I've had OE forged BBS wheels and I honestly can't say the they were any better (nor any worse!) than these Titan7 wheels. I still rank BBS above Titan7 of course but really just from brand reputation, history, and design options...not because I can tell any quality difference (I can't).

However these Titan7s are also my first true aftermarket wheels...I've swapped wheels on my cars before but always with OE alternatives.

I really like how the oem brake disc hub looks alongside these wheels. I guess if you want wider than 8.5 it's a custom order?
For M3P fitment they have T-S5 in 18x8.5, 19x9, 20x8.5 all ET35. They're also showing a new T-CS5 in 19x9.5 ET35 for "Model 3" but it's not clear if that one is also machined for direct M3P fitment, because the T-S5 listing specifically says "Tesla Model 3 inc. Performance pack" whereas T-CS5 listing doesn't call out M3P fitment. If you find out about T-CS5 fitment on M3P hubs let us know! :)

I'm pretty sure Titan7 does NOT do custom wheels, at least not for just one set. I imagine if you put together a big order (e.g. group buy) with some money ready up front they might consider it. I'd also like to see a wider 18" option from them! (Feel free to ask them of course, don't just take my word for it.)

Last edited:
Just installed the T-S5's 18 x 8.5's onto my Model 3. The Tesla Model 3 specific center cap ones were on back-order for an unknown period of time so Evasive actually recommended I just get the generic and use a hub centric ring.

For the LR AWD, it just needs to be the 5x114.3mm with a +35 offset

Oops, I did mean the wheels haha. I bought the $15 Amazon center caps today and are working on stretching them to fit. If it doesn't work I'll likely order the T7 center cap.

How are you liking the 245/45R18? the Factory 235/45R18 MXM4's expose the rim way too much that I'm likely going to try to trade them into a tire shop and get 245 CC2's

Reactions: tm1v2
Oops, I did mean the wheels haha. I bought the $15 Amazon center caps today and are working on stretching them to fit. If it doesn't work I'll likely order the T7 center cap.

How are you liking the 245/45R18? the Factory 235/45R18 MXM4's expose the rim way too much that I'm likely going to try to trade them into a tire shop and get 245 CC2's
All good with 245/45R18. Yeah I like having a little extra tire width around the rim...not sure if it's really better, or just what I'm used to.

As mentioned my other Tesla came with 245 on 8.5" wide wheels, and my last ICE car also came with 245 on 8.5" wide wheels. Never felt any issues from the width. (Though on that ICE car for snow tires I did use 235 on 8" wide wheels.)