Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S HID Bulb replacement guide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like my left headlight failed properly. This morning it was working fine in the first 2 mile drive. It was raining and when I went to the second drive it flashed (like a strobe) and then failed. On/off did nothing to bring it back. The strobing makes me think this time it might actually be the ballast, reminds me of how an HID lights up when I don't have a bench power supply that is powerful enough to ignite.

Also have a couple broken tab headlights, with extra HID and ballasts so might try swapping out one part at a time to see what really failed

20221024_155632.jpg

I have this issue with my 2013 Model S.
Can anyone recommend a shop or someone who knows how to replace these here in the SF bay area? I don’t have the guts to replace these myself.
I understand your hesitation but if I can do it, anyone with the tools can. The Service Center would be able to take care of you but be prepared to pay for the entire assembly instead of just the light bulb. Which may actually be the root of your light going out, just depends.