Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC business card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a neat little TMC business card on my window at the Bellmead, TX SC today - sad I missed whoever placed it, but now I'm just curious. Was it my clone pearl S or the cool silver with black wheel/red caliper S. Any takers?? The card was a very good idea for site promotion, BTW

I caught myself the other day lamenting the days when MS drivers were part of a more exclusive club that would go out of it's way to talk Tesla to other owners (or anyone else who would listen), when early production models were mostly in the hands of enthusiasts. Looks like I inadvertently became part of the problem by not socializing :redface:

DSCN0170.jpg
DSCN0174.jpg

Uhm, several Owners in North Texas are the source of the cards.
Glad to know they are being passed around and shared.

A little history and a couple of quick comments.

A Roadster owner in Ft. Worth took the picture of the dark blue Model S in the rain.
Just a happenstance pic, taken in the Wild, not planned or staged.
He sent that picture to a MS owner in Dallas, who photo-shop altered the plates to read: TESLA S (Modeled on the real Texas personalized plate)
I don't know who took the great picture of the MC Red MS in the mountains. (There are NO mountains in North Texas, regardless of what the TV show "Dallas" showed in some of the background scenes.)

The MS owner in Dallas who photo-shopped the car tags printed the first batch of cards: he handed out some of the initial cards at the Bellmead/Waco Supercharger Ribbon-Cutting.
He gave me a portion of his box, and I have since handed out groups of cards to various other owners.
They are borderless, and are matt on both sides.

He also photo-shopped and printed several of the placards/posters (about Model S) that get displayed every month @ C&C in Plano/Dallas, and every other month @ C&C in Ft. Worth.
And those placards are soon to be out-of-date, but they really show a LOT about how much the Supercharger network has been and is being built out.
(There were 37 operable Superchargers @ end of November, they have nearly doubled that number to 73 Superchargers with 13 in December and 23 in January.)

We ran out of cards, so I printed a second (larger) bunch of cards.
They have a slight white border, and are glossy on the MC red MS side.
And I have given bunches out to various owners (both MS and Roadster) at different events.
@ Cars and Coffee, if someone is interested in finding out more, I give them a card (and I also might give them a ride in the car).

The TMC site is an invaluable resource and it will answer most questions that people may have.
The Tesla Motors site will let them familiarize themselves with the car, possibly with configuring and ordering their cars.
(However, NEITHER site will solve the Sphinx-like riddle of what color to order....)

Those cards are a nice idea, but I'd be concerned about the unauthorized use of Tesla's logo. It's also important to avoid brand confusion.
Does TMC have some kind of agreement with TM regarding the forum's use of the logo? I've been curious about this for a while. (I hope it's some formal approval already in place rather than a wink and a nod.)