Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To current owners, how does the newly refreshed model S perform in extreme cold condition?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Many model 3 and Y owners are reporting heat pump failure and cannot heat up cabin during extreme cold condition like around 0 F or below temperature. Tesla Heat Pumps Failing In Cold, Tips To Help Until Fix Arrives

Also model 3 and Y do not have good cabin seal so hard to retain heat in extreme cold driving condition.

On top of that range is reduced by half for model 3 and Y in extreme cold driving condition.

For current new model S owners living cold North, are you have the same problem to keep your cabin warm inside? Are your efficiency and performance reduced significantly?

I am considering putting deposit for a model S LR to upgrade from my model 3 but spending premium dollar to get poor winter driving experience may hold me back. Would love to hear current new model S owner experiences with winter before moving forward with deposit. Thank you!

Reactions: MCBalay