Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toddler Seat Question: possible to fit an adult in the middle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all:

My son is about to outgrow his infant seat and get into a convertible. I am going to get a Britax because, in addition to being a great and safe seat, the v shaped upper tethers won't dig into the headrest like the single tethers from other brands. Stuff like that bothers me.

Anyway, to my question. It is possible that I will eventually have 2 car seats in the back, one on either side. It is likely my better half will want to ride back there with the kiddos sometime. I am deciding between an Advocate, which is 20.5 inches wide, and the Boulevard, which is 18.5 inches wide. The only difference between the 2 is that the Advocate has an extra inch of seat impact protection stuff on either side of the seat which accounts for the extra width. Obviously, I would like the safest seat possible and would get the Advocate but am concerned that two of those things will be so wide that it will be difficult for my wife (who is a pretty small lady) to fit in the middle in between the two. So, my question is, does anyone have any experience trying to fit someone in the middle in between these two seats? If so, it would be most helpful. Thanks in advance.

Not familiar with Advocate and Boulevard. We have Diono Radian RXTs and that will allow for 2 car seats plus adult (or even 3 car seats) in Model S 2nd row. Anything wider and it’ll be too tight to easily access the seat belt receptacles.