Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Too good to be true?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have heard from a few people on here that the late 2016 S60 can actually be upgraded to a 75 for free and that if EAP isn’t enabled Tesla can do that for free as well. Am I crazy for thinking that’s possible? Lol. For reference here is the listing.
Model S 60 LRYMYKHMD31J | Tesla

Attachments

• DA8979B3-007F-4708-8AF4-2CCEA8FCD488.png
    DA8979B3-007F-4708-8AF4-2CCEA8FCD488.png
    1,016.2 KB · Views: 52
Have heard from a few people on here that the late 2016 S60 can actually be upgraded to a 75 for free and that if EAP isn’t enabled Tesla can do that for free as well. Am I crazy for thinking that’s possible? Lol. For reference here is the listing.

Software locked 60kWh packs can be unlocked to 75, but Tesla will not do that for free.
EAP can be enabled on AP2.x cars after purchase via over the air update, but also not for free.

Software locked 60kWh packs can be unlocked to 75, but Tesla will not do that for free.
EAP can be enabled on AP2.x cars after purchase via over the air update, but also not for free.

I've heard of "rare" instances where people got lucky at end of quarter and Tesla uncorked for free as a "customer satisfaction", but it could also be smoke and mirrors. You could always ask your Used Car sales advisor. They may send you an email promising it. No guarantee that it happens during delivery but you can use it to escalate with CS and strike gold

I've heard of "rare" instances where people got lucky at end of quarter and Tesla uncorked for free as a "customer satisfaction", but it could also be smoke and mirrors. You could always ask your Used Car sales advisor. They may send you an email promising it. No guarantee that it happens during delivery but you can use it to escalate with CS and strike gold
Same here, there was a thread a few weeks back that a guy bought this same car. S60 and they unlocked it to a 75 and gave him EAP