Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tornado rips by tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last wesnday I was on a cross country trip and originally was planning on spending the night in Omaha but ended spending it outside of St. louis because Omaha was under a tornado watch and flood warning. After we got checked into our hotel we started to get severe thunderstorm warning and tornado watch warnings on our phone with the potential for 2in hail. Not wanting to take any chances I booked it to Walmart and got some towels and a car cover to defend against the hail. Trying to get everything on the car in the wind was a pain but we managed to get it covered just before the storm hit. We lucked out and no tornado developed and the hail ended up only being 0.70in but i know if we didnt cover the car i'd be drivig the next 2000 miles in my new targa top m3...

Two days later the car did receive some weather damage though. Right on the Montana Wyoming border. We faced some nasty weather that was snowing pretty good with 60mph gusts. Some idiot in a armored bank truck was trying to pass us going way too fast for the weather condition and got pushed into our lane by the wind at possibly the worst time. I managed to swerve into the shoulder before they hit my but I hit a rock right on the rocker panel and shredded the front skid plate on the snow/ice. Still await insurance to estimate the damages but from reading posts on here I'm probably looking at 6k to 8k in repairs.

Last wesnday I was on a cross country trip and originally was planning on spending the night in Omaha but ended spending it outside of St. louis because Omaha was under a tornado watch and flood warning. After we got checked into our hotel we started to get severe thunderstorm warning and tornado watch warnings on our phone with the potential for 2in hail. Not wanting to take any chances I booked it to Walmart and got some towels and a car cover to defend against the hail. Trying to get everything on the car in the wind was a pain but we managed to get it covered just before the storm hit. We lucked out and no tornado developed and the hail ended up only being 0.70in but i know if we didnt cover the car i'd be drivig the next 2000 miles in my new targa top m3...

Two days later the car did receive some weather damage though. Right on the Montana Wyoming border. We faced some nasty weather that was snowing pretty good with 60mph gusts. Some idiot in a armored bank truck was trying to pass us going way too fast for the weather condition and got pushed into our lane by the wind at possibly the worst time. I managed to swerve into the shoulder before they hit my but I hit a rock right on the rocker panel and shredded the front skid plate on the snow/ice. Still await insurance to estimate the damages but from reading posts on here I'm probably looking at 6k to 8k in repairs.

Two days later the car did receive some weather damage though. Right on the Montana Wyoming border. We faced some nasty weather that was snowing pretty good with 60mph gusts. Some idiot in an armored bank truck was trying to pass us going way too fast for the weather condition and got pushed into our lane by the wind at possibly the worst time. I managed to swerve into the shoulder before they hit my but I hit a rock right on the rocker panel and shredded the front skid plate on the snow/ice. Still await insurance to estimate the damages but from reading posts on here I'm probably looking at 6k to 8k in repairs.
My dad, born 1918, was a truck driver his entire working life. When he was teaching me to drive, 1961, I remember he told me “ If someone is going to hit you, don’t swerve. Hold on to the wheel and take the bastard with you. Otherwise you might crash anyway and then you’ll need to pay for the damages”. Yes, I know, but I loved him.