Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Torque and acceleration compared to Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 3 felt much more nimble and modern.
That’s the *perfect* description.

My P3D- is so comfortable to just cruise around in, but there’s a slumbering monster underneath just waiting for you to say “the boss wants it ALL,” and responds by throwing you back in your seat.

And the handling is just insane. With such a low vertical center of gravity that is also located much further to the rear than your average ICE car, it’s like driving a go cart; just throw it into the turn, the car stays nearly flat, press the go button to pull through the turn. Rinse and repeat for endless fun (in an appropriate place and in a safe manner, of course).

I love this car more than any I’ve ever owned. I honestly thought a guy would have to pay way over six figures for this kind of fun.

Tesla really has made the ultimate car. Use it for work. Go get groceries. Take the family to the movies. Then kick ‘em out of the car, throw on a helmet, and have some serious fun.

I'd just like to return to this thread to let everyone know that I appreciate all this input SO MUCH and I finally got a chance to test drive the regular AWD and found it to be....perfect. It's the perfect combination of power and torque and comfort. I thought it was an absolute blast to drive. The speed and power are absolutely there, but it gets up to speed in a way that I actually feel like I'm moving vs just blinking and magically being at 65 mph. It gives you room to feel like you're in control. I obviously have VERY little time in each of these models but I thought it was an amazing car.

(Though it does seem....slightly lower to the ground than the RWD model. Is that because the extra motor/battery just makes it heavier?)

I'd just like to return to this thread to let everyone know that I appreciate all this input SO MUCH and I finally got a chance to test drive the regular AWD and found it to be....perfect. It's the perfect combination of power and torque and comfort. I thought it was an absolute blast to drive. The speed and power are absolutely there, but it gets up to speed in a way that I actually feel like I'm moving vs just blinking and magically being at 65 mph. It gives you room to feel like you're in control. I obviously have VERY little time in each of these models but I thought it was an amazing car.

(Though it does seem....slightly lower to the ground than the RWD model. Is that because the extra motor/battery just makes it heavier?)
I definitely noticed the weight in the P3D I test drove vs the original 3 LR RWD. It’s the one bummer in the P3D relative to the RWD cars.