Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch Screen black and unresponsive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This began yesterday. The touch screen just did not wake up when I got in my car. I did a soft reboot a couple times and rebooted the dashboard display as well. When the car wakes up it says it is waking up and to touch the brake when this message clears. Well the message never clears but if I touch the brake the dash board turns on. The touchscreen remains dead. I have a second problem in that I don't seem to be able to get on the Tesla.com Account page to schedule support. It says Err to many redirects. So I cleared my cookies but it still says the same. It also won't work from my phone app. Do any of you have ideas for me? I happen to have a service appointment scheduled for May 6 for a minor other thing but would like to get in the Queue for a sooner appointment. Wow, so many things don't work when the touchscreen is dead.

Well I checked every yellow 20 fuse in both locations. It was educational but not the problem. Thanks though.

If you ever wondered, losing the touch screen means no auto driving, no ghost cars on the display, no auto dimming headlights, no climate control, no rear view camera and no music or radio. That is what I have missed thus far

The only thing you really need from the center console in order to drive safely is HVAC (to clear the windows). Other than that it's all optional stuff.

(On a model 3 you also need the console to see speed and gear indicator.)

I have the same issue, but in addition to the touchscreen not working, the A/C stays on. The only way I've figured out how to turn the A/C off is to plug in the car for a couple hours and then unplug it. I have an appointment at the service center for Friday, but I'll probably take it in tomorrow to see if they can do anything about it as it's causing wear on the HVAC components.

Try the fuse trick for the console. And/or pull a HVAC fuse to make it less stuck on until your appointment.

Charging the car at a supercharger takes control of A/C to cool the batteries. Maybe that's why you found a relationship between charging and A/C at home.

I never understood. They don't allow me to attend. Not to see what they do to her. I had no choice, Tesla was slow to answer and I didn't know who to turn to. Everything works now. I have an account but cannot connect to the application on my phone. I restarted, reinstalled the application, but it didn't work.

I never understood. They don't allow me to attend. Not to see what they do to her. I had no choice, Tesla was slow to answer and I didn't know who to turn to. Everything works now. I have an account but cannot connect to the application on my phone. I restarted, reinstalled the application, but it didn't work.
I have no idea who did the work or what it could be.

If Tesla (and I mean a Service Center did this) they have done it right and it should work. If it was a 3rd party shop it could be that they misconfigured the cellular service or the VPN. Remotely nobody can tell this.