Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

touchscreen f

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been experiencing my YLR touchscreen lagging or worst freezing. Now beginning to occurring more often. Sometimes if I wait a few minutes (when I am driving I have no other option) it will unfreeze. However if I am stopped, then a hard reset resolves the issues. Mobile Service has been arranged for next week. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I’m experiencing the same issue and my local Tesla service center called me to say the new chip in the model Y is having issues with the HVAC system overloading the screen with spam. The system eventually freezes. I was told that Tesla engineers are working on a software fix, but no idea when. I have to reset the screen more than once every time I go out driving. I’m thinking of reporting to NHTSA since this is a major safety issue.

Upvote 0
I’m experiencing the same issue and my local Tesla service center called me to say the new chip in the model Y is having issues with the HVAC system overloading the screen with spam. The system eventually freezes. I was told that Tesla engineers are working on a software fix, but no idea when. I have to reset the screen more than once every time I go out driving. I’m thinking of reporting to NHTSA since this is a major safety issue.
overloading the screen with spam

?

this is a major safety issue

Okay...

Upvote 0
Update: I was asked to send “Bug Reports” after experiencing glitches; prior to my Service Center visit. Just received a call from an Online Tech asking to remove the Screen Protector as this was part of the cause for lag response or requiring multiple taps. I told him I purchased from Tesla online store. He said Tesla never offered this product and insisted on removal. I would appreciate comments and or advise.

Upvote 0
Update: I was asked to send “Bug Reports” after experiencing glitches; prior to my Service Center visit. Just received a call from an Online Tech asking to remove the Screen Protector as this was part of the cause for lag response or requiring multiple taps. I told him I purchased from Tesla online store. He said Tesla never offered this product and insisted on removal. I would appreciate comments and or advise.
Remove it, see what happens? I don't recall Tesla ever selling one. I bought an aftermarket one.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Upvote 0