Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow dolly behind MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WaitButY

Aug 13, 2022
NJ
Hey All,

Picked up our MYP in Sept last year, and loving every bit of it for the pat 7.5 months / 8500 miles. Now looking for a 2nd car for a city runabout and thinking of an older Nissan Leaf. May need to drive a bit of a ways to pick one up. The Leaf weights 3400lbs by itself, so the car+trailer would exceed the MY hitch rating. But wondering if renting a tow dolly from uhaul would be an acceptable workaround

Has anyone used a tow dolly behind a model Y? What was your experience / how long did you go / how was the range / etc?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers
D

Hey All,

Picked up our MYP in Sept last year, and loving every bit of it for the pat 7.5 months / 8500 miles. Now looking for a 2nd car for a city runabout and thinking of an older Nissan Leaf. May need to drive a bit of a ways to pick one up. The Leaf weights 3400lbs by itself, so the car+trailer would exceed the MY hitch rating. But wondering if renting a tow dolly from uhaul would be an acceptable workaround

Has anyone used a tow dolly behind a model Y? What was your experience / how long did you go / how was the range / etc?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers
D
did you check plugshare.com ? mayhaps you could drive the leaf... does the leaf have DC fast charge port?