Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Package Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today VIN 141XX

My config was AWD LR , Tow Package, White Interior

I asked at delivery if there was a tow accessory similar to the Model X, and was told that there was not. Should there be something delivered with the Y beyond just the receiver being behind the plastic rear bumper?

Only few fit/finish issues..

Rear Hatch is misaligned , aligned right with large gap on left side
Passenger Rear Left door misaligned , see trim pic
Passenger Rear Right door misaligned
Both sun visors have oil marks on them
Passenger Side Wiper will not retract back under when wipers turn off

Attachments

• C0BF7156-A4FE-4E8A-ABCA-28C9362D81A1.JPG
    C0BF7156-A4FE-4E8A-ABCA-28C9362D81A1.JPG
    356.1 KB · Views: 100
Took delivery today VIN 141XX

My config was AWD LR , Tow Package, White Interior

I asked at delivery if there was a tow accessory similar to the Model X, and was told that there was not. Should there be something delivered with the Y beyond just the receiver being behind the plastic rear bumper?
If you look at the latest Model Y manual (https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_y_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf), page 78, you will see that there should also be an electrical connection to the left of the receiver. The towing accessory for the Model X is the right angle receiver which has to be inserted from the bottom. The Model Y had the receiver already in place, which is much more convenient. I have both cars and look forward to using the Model Y receiver vs the Model X.