Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I tried to buy a Tesla today and it failed because they could not honor rebates I got messages about

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to the Tesla office today, because I needed help with the ordering process. After some commotion they found the Model Y on the lot and it looked great.
My intent was to purchase it for delivery before March 1, 2024. The Model Y LR AWD Stealth Gray with white interior and tow bar on the lot was discounted with $2,500.
I brought my two messages one $1,000 off being on the Cybertruck reservation and the other was $1,000 for buying a vehicle on the lot before end of February. They said to honor only the Cybertruck discount and said the purchase before end of month discount was the same and not valid for my purchase. Which is not true. Can somebody give me some guidance how to proceed

Reactions: Don.Church
$,1000 off is Totally misleading and useless, it only applies to custom order yet they direct customers to inventory page where it doesn't apply. Any Intern would have done better job than this Tesla marketing team

You are correct about Tesla flashing $1,000 off on the order page, yet that only applies to custom order only.

Bunch of morons over there..

Reactions: Taney71
I went to the Tesla office today, because I needed help with the ordering process. After some commotion they found the Model Y on the lot and it looked great.
My intent was to purchase it for delivery before March 1, 2024. The Model Y LR AWD Stealth Gray with white interior and tow bar on the lot was discounted with $2,500.
I brought my two messages one $1,000 off being on the Cybertruck reservation and the other was $1,000 for buying a vehicle on the lot before end of February. They said to honor only the Cybertruck discount and said the purchase before end of month discount was the same and not valid for my purchase. Which is not true. Can somebody give me some guidance how to proceed

That depends on their own policy.

They should point out the policy that multiple discounts are not allowed.

Otherwise, it's a false advertisement.

Do you have a screenshot of the $1000 off message?

It’s probably due to Teslas misleading wording, but Tesla reduced the MSRP of the Model Y by $1000 in early February. So that $1000 discount is already baked into the new listed price, not an additional amount off the listed price. There’s a banner now saying price will increase by $1000 or more on March 1.

Any inventory model with a discount listed is further discounted off the already discounted MSRP. Aka that Model Y with $2500 off is actually $3500 less than it would have been in January.

I don’t know why Tesla does it this way instead of just listing the old MSRP with a $1000 discount, especially since this February price change was intended to be temporary.

On a side note I would except inventory prices to go down in March or later. Not sure when $1,000 CyberTruck rebate expire but otherwise waiting few days would be better.

Reactions: vickh
I found an inventory car I’m looking to buy, I’m hoping the $1000 CT reservation discount will also apply. I don’t need the car right away, but I have some FOMO on getting the best price.
They applied the $1000 CT discount on my order earlier this month. It was an inventory car. $5100 off, its shows up as Other: order adjustment on the MVPA

MYLR white interior, blue and tow package

Screenshot 2024-02-26 222256.png

Reactions: BroncoAZ and Tam
Thanks for posting that. The car I’m looking at Is $2500 off, MYLR Shadow Gray, black interior, 5 seat, hitch. Seems like $2500 off isn’t a great deal.
It depends on a lot of factors, I had been looking for over a month. The best inventory deals I saw consistently were cars in Red and Black(probably because that's a $2000 upgrade), also Black interiors with Tow seem to be a common theme. I was patient and paid off but no guarantees of course.

That is not what that incentive said.

The $1,000 off is a reduction in MSRP for “custom orders” before March 1. It does not apply to inventory vehicles, which already have discounts applied, usually far greater than $1,000 (as you found).

So will the price increase 3/1 apply to inventory vehicles also?

When does CT reduction end?

Last edited: