Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!

New to this forum. I have a late 2016 Model S. I recently purchase a set of the 2021 Arachnid plaid wheels with factory TPMS sensors. After a couple of days, TPMS fault popped up on the dash. I tried the reset but it didn’t work…

Will the factory 2021 TPMS work on my car? If so, how do i do the “relearn”? Any information will be appreciated…

TIA🙏🏻

Its my understanding that the refresh Model S's use a new type of TPMS sensor. Bluetooth I believe. Not the same as pre-refresh TPMS sensors.
At least thats been my interpretation. I'd suggest confirming with your local Service Center. Also, this thread may provide more details

Last edited:
Nope I didn't.

Sometimes it helps to reset twice.

But considering the age (5 years), the TPMS might be out of battery so new TPMS.

Looking at the catalog, 1074812-00-B seems to be the latest and it appears for both Mar/Apr 2016. They're both 433 MHz, so it should be compatible.

But as 2101Guy said, confirm with your local Service Center.

Its my understanding that the refresh Model S's use a new type of TPMS sensor. Bluetooth I believe. Not the same as pre-refresh TPMS sensors.
At least thats been my interpretation. I'd suggest confirming with your local Service Center. Also, this thread may provide more details

Thank you!🙏🏻

I took the car at a local Wheel Works. Service Advisor said they tried their reset tool but it didn’t work. It appeared that there was a certain tool (which maybe only the Tesla SC have), needed to do the relearn… guess i have to bring it there😏