Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Fault - Low Voltage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Afternoon,

Last couple of days my TPMS is reporting a fault, looks like the near side front, and I've popped into service mode and it's reporting less than 2.5V.

I've actually had the 32.9 update so it's been hard rest twice with no luck.

Has anyone had any joy with a repair under warranty, the car is a 71 plate with 15K miles.

Thanks.

Afternoon,

Last couple of days my TPMS is reporting a fault, looks like the near side front, and I've popped into service mode and it's reporting less than 2.5V.

Has anyone had any joy with a repair under warranty, the car is a 71 plate with 15K miles.

Thanks.
I think the warranty is for 5 years from reading thro’ the threads, so it should be free. The battery is a sealed unit so comes under vehicle basic warranty. It costs around £180, if you have to pay from your pocket.

Reactions: Roy Batty
I think the warranty is for 5 years from reading thro’ the threads, so it should be free. The battery is a sealed unit so comes under vehicle basic warranty. It costs around £180, if you have to pay from your pocket.
It's one of those parts that I'm not sure would be considered a wear item or not, would be good if anyone else had success with a claim.

It would be cheaper at the local tyre place if it's not covered thanks to Tesla's high labour rates.

They were around £75 when I bought a set of 4 in 2022 for a new set of wheels.

Mind that was for an MX so perhaps not like for like.

Yes, that is what I understood. The same thread mentioned Lexus charges $1100 in US markets to change all 5 of the TPMS after 5-7 years. Was curious to find out how much the B charges but I know our forum B fans and @Zilla91 will be all over again.
Thanks but this isn't a Tesla Vs thread thanks, would just like to know if someone from the UK has had warranty replacement of a TPMS sensor.

Thanks but this isn't a Tesla Vs thread thanks, would just like to know if someone from the UK has had warranty replacement of a TPMS sensor.
The thread reports just out of warranty replacement charges for a model S in 2019.

The thread reports just out of warranty replacement charges for a model S in 2019.

Thanks I'd found a few of the threads on failures, I shall see what Tesla say once I've got some time to deal with it.

Afternoon,

Thanks.
Yeah the M3 has one replaced under warranty back in September

1699030091595.png

Yes, that is what I understood. The same thread mentioned Lexus charges $1100 in US markets to change all 5 of the TPMS after 5-7 years. Was curious to find out how much the B charges but I know our forum B fans and @Zilla91 will be all over again.
Are you ok?

Reactions: Roy Batty
Yes, I've had one of mine changed a month ago under warranty. No issue at all, definitely a warranty item just like if any battery in the car failed within warranty.

Given they all do the same miles and all were originally fitted at the same time, likely from the same batch, I am expecting my others will have the same fate over the coming year.

Yes, I've had one of mine changed a month ago under warranty. No issue at all, definitely a warranty item just like if any battery in the car failed within warranty.

Given they all do the same miles and all were originally fitted at the same time, likely from the same batch, I am expecting my others will have the same fate over the coming year.
Excellent thanks very much 👍