Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS issues since last update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the most recent software update on my 2018 Model S, the TPMS warning light comes on periodically and tells me that my tire pressure is either 40 psi or 41 psi. The tires are all inflated to exactly 40 psi, which is the recommended tire pressure for my car, so I should not be receiving this notification. I did not receive these notifications prior to the software update. Has anyone else experienced this?

Solution
Are you sure your tire is supposed to be 40 psi? I thought all Tesla S uses 42 or 45 psi depending on the variant. Look at the label on the B pillar when you open the driver's door to see recommended tire pressure.
Since the most recent software update on my 2018 Model S, the TPMS warning light comes on periodically and tells me that my tire pressure is either 40 psi or 41 psi. The tires are all inflated to exactly 40 psi, which is the recommended tire pressure for my car, so I should not be receiving this notification. I did not receive these notifications prior to the software update. Has anyone else experienced this?
yes--same thing--tires properly inflated (45 psi)----warning light comes on for just one of the tires yet it is showing the same tire pressure as the others---also have 2018 Model S

Upvote 0
Are you sure your tire is supposed to be 40 psi? I thought all Tesla S uses 42 or 45 psi depending on the variant. Look at the label on the B pillar when you open the driver's door to see recommended tire pressure.
Just checked the label again and I guess I misread the label as it does indicate 45 psi. The first time the indicator light came on, I went online to check for the proper psi and the post I read indicated 40 psi. Just proves the "old" saying of "Don't believe everything you read on the internet". My bad! Thank you for the help.

Upvote 0
yes--same thing--tires properly inflated (45 psi)----warning light comes on for just one of the tires yet it is showing the same tire pressure as the others---also have 2018 Model S
It could be a bad tire sensor. The battery in them is designed to last about 5 years (which is true of all makes, not just Tesla), but they normally can send out a low battery signal that appears in the car.
I'd try another tire pressure gauge. Many are not all that accurate. If it was 10% off, then they are all marginally low.

Upvote 0