TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

TPMS on second set of rims

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by supratachophobia, Jan 22, 2016.

1. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

What type of TPMS sensor should I be asking my service center for if I need them for a 2nd set of rims?

2. Tdriver

Tdriver Member

There is an early and late version, just give them your VIN.

3. jpet

jpet Jan P.

Sometime in September 2014, around VIN 50900, Tesla switched from the gen 1 TPMS to the gen 2 TPMS.

The part numbers are:
    Gen 1 Baolong sensors = 1010938-00B
    Gen 2 Continental sensors = 1034602-00A

Make sure you also specify the preferred color for the valve stems (silver or dark grey).

4. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

Not being a car guy I guess I took the easy way. :)

I just took the rims to the service center and asked them to install the sensors. No idea about the technical stuff, but I had the rims with snow tires installed a few weeks ago and all appears well.

If it helps any, here are closeups of what I had installed:

TPMS pictures

5. spannerman

spannerman New Member

Thanks for the numbers came just in time for me setting up a set.

RDKS TESLA Model S 10/2014-06/2016 433MHZ Reifendrucksensor TPMS ers 103460200A

are on UK ebay at the moment.