Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking regular maintenance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody use an app or have a preferred method for tracking regular maintenance items? I'm looking to basically know when my next tire rotation or brake fluid check should be done or needing to schedule the next appointment to handle the other items listed in the maintenance schedule without having to constantly refer back to the manual and check my mileage.

That pretty much is the only maintenance required on these cars. The brake fluid and air cabin filter is every two years. Tires are every 10,000 miles or as recommended by the tire manufacturer. So an app would not be useful for tracking tires since it is mileage based rather than calendar based.

It hardly seems worth using an app to remind me in two years to check brake fluid and replace a filter.

That pretty much is the only maintenance required on these cars. The brake fluid and air cabin filter is every two years. Tires are every 10,000 miles or as recommended by the tire manufacturer. So an app would not be useful for tracking tires since it is mileage based rather than calendar based.

It hardly seems worth using an app to remind me in two years to check brake fluid and replace a filter.

That's kind of why I'm looking for something, two years is so infrequent that I'm worried I'll forget I need to do anything!

Does anybody use an app or have a preferred method for tracking regular maintenance items? I'm looking to basically know when my next tire rotation or brake fluid check should be done or needing to schedule the next appointment to handle the other items listed in the maintenance schedule without having to constantly refer back to the manual and check my mileage.

Maybe something like this? Could be useful for setting/tracking other periodic tasks around the house as well

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.darksidesoft.mactrack&hl=en_US

Reactions: jroydog
Great video on the subject comparing Tesla's actual recommendation versus real world needs.

I'm going to buy a brake fluid tester to check moisture content on the brake fluid.

Don’t forget brake cleaning and greasing, cabin filters, and coolant flush on the maintenance schedules.

Tesla has changed their stance on the need of a coolant flush where its now suppose to last the life of the vehicle. At the time of the Model 3 release that was different but with their better understanding now (lower coolant temperatures compared to an ICE), they feel its safe to recommend it as the life of the vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: jroydog
10,000 miles is just a rough estimation, but the actual rotation need is based on actual tire wear which is 2/32" difference or more. This may occur more often than 10k miles especially for RWD vehicles and less for AWD vehicles.