Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in process / inspection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my used 2015 85D is supposed to come in around next Wednesday!! super stoked / slightly nervous on what it'll really look like.

I got a quote from them on my 2010 VW GTI for a bit below the KBB valuation on a "good" condition car. I'm also getting a carmax estimate this Friday to compare, but my question is, for those who have traded into Tesla, how much do they "inspect" before they take the car and how much do they revalue their original estimate based on said inspection?

My car exterior is great, but interior has some scuffs and the ceiling cloth is coming apart in places.. details that they didn't really get into on the phone estimate.

So my used 2015 85D is supposed to come in around next Wednesday!! super stoked / slightly nervous on what it'll really look like.

I got a quote from them on my 2010 VW GTI for a bit below the KBB valuation on a "good" condition car. I'm also getting a carmax estimate this Friday to compare, but my question is, for those who have traded into Tesla, how much do they "inspect" before they take the car and how much do they revalue their original estimate based on said inspection?

My car exterior is great, but interior has some scuffs and the ceiling cloth is coming apart in places.. details that they didn't really get into on the phone estimate.
I traded a prius in on my model 3. I gave them the keys and showed where I parked. That was it. I think they just ship them off to auction.

Reactions: drummerboy7816