Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trading in my car. I only have one car and use in daily. With the “extension” on model 3 delivery I will go pass the 30 days and 1000 miles that Tesla set to keep the initial value.

Has anyone gone over the days and/or miles on their trade in? What did Tesla do?

They kept my value the same even though they said they re-evaluated it. In addition on the miles portion, I drive 3000+ miles a month some months and that difference wasn't a factor either.

Surprising because I was on the falling knife portion of the depreciation curve at the time.

• Helpful
Reactions: Putttt
I am trading in my car. I only have one car and use in daily. With the “extension” on model 3 delivery I will go pass the 30 days and 1000 miles that Tesla set to keep the initial value.

Has anyone gone over the days and/or miles on their trade in? What did Tesla do?
I put over 2000 miles on it from configuration to trade-in date. They didn't care at all.

• Helpful
Reactions: Putttt
This is all encouraging.

Mt beat up 7 series BMW has a trade-in quote of £2685

Best I can get for it outside of Tesla is £1500 unless I try to sell privately

However, that quote was based on a June delivery date (ordered May 8th). Now I'm told last week of September... Milage hasn't changed much because I'm driving the second car (in case the BMW brakes down on me and costs thousands to repair - which happened last year). So it just needs to make it to the delivery...