Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. You too. You've been doing well with your selling puts strategy.

I'm not comfortable selling puts and calls, except on rare occasions.
Luckily (or unluckily) I was admitted into the hospital with a 104 fever last night so I wasn’t able to sell puts in the morning. Might’ve dodged a bullet haha! And yeah, I’m fine with selling puts because I’m happy to add a couple hundred shares to my account if things go awry

I did sell some $240 puts for next week when we were at $238, buying em back now haha

Reactions: Antares Nebula
Crazy. Did not make any trades today. But almost bought 240/245 puts. Was waiting for 246. I thought it would mostly be flat going into Friday, so didn't want to get aggressive. Days like today are impossible to predict. Even if one had bought the 240 puts today, the question is when do you take profits. I likely would have sold it for $3/4; would not have guessed the shares to fall this much. Trading is very hard. Timing buys and sells very hard. Perhaps prof traders can do better.

Perhaps buying next weeks calls maybe a good trade here. But that is assuming the uptrend is still in tact. Or you looking for a dead cat bounce. Puts also too expensive now. Personally, unless I see a better risk/reward, I'm going to wait. Macros also not good. I made good money the last two weeks and don't want to piss it away trading further. If it falls to 200-180 I will buy shares for my long term position.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller