Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trash bin ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a few items from @chojn1's son, a 3/4 sunglass tray, cup inserts and a waste bin. Car's outside right now and it's dark or I'd grab a photo of the bin itself. Since I keep a tissue box in the forward console area, I keep the waste bin in the arm rest section under the tray that Tesla supplies. Here's a photo I took last week with my N95 air masks sitting in the bin. I wanted something that would offer some waterproof protection for a coffee soaked napkin for example until I could dispose of it. You can kind of see the far right of the bin in this photo but it's black in color as you can tell.

IMG_9371.JPG

Look for his Center Console thread in the Model 3 forum area for more info and pics. Not sure how fast it will be available though but if you're interested he can give you some idea maybe. Happy with my items.

Last edited:
I like it, however it doesn't look that easy to fish out if it's full. One like, that but taller or with a hook to grab would be nice. Thanks for pointing me that direction though, I may do it. What is everyone else doing, just a gab on the passenger floor? :p

Here is my trash can combination (and my first post!). For the center console I got the TapTes Model 3 Center Console Trash and Storage Bin off Amazon. It goes in the front console area and provides a top shelf/organizer large enough for sunglasses, and a small bin below. It fits perfectly in the area. The sunglass shelf is a separate piece that fits on top of the bin. When I need to lift the bin out, I remove the shelf and can easily remove the bin.

For the rear seats I found an organizer bin at Target for $5 that fit perfectly in the space below the rear USB chargers/air vent. I have MAXpider floor mats and it even fits the mat raised edge. It seems to be an almost perfect fit, and it even has handles. So far with normal driving and a few road trips it stays in place just fine. I show it without a trash bag which looks nicer, but a plastic grocery bag will fit.

Pics of both below

Attachments

• front_trash_can-14.JPG
    front_trash_can-14.JPG
    317.9 KB · Views: 360
  • front_trash_can-8.JPG
    front_trash_can-8.JPG
    422.5 KB · Views: 338
  • front_trash_can-18.JPG
    front_trash_can-18.JPG
    358.5 KB · Views: 352
  • rear_trash_can-4.JPG
    rear_trash_can-4.JPG
    395.7 KB · Views: 374
  • rear_trash_can-5.JPG
    rear_trash_can-5.JPG
    370.9 KB · Views: 351
  • rear_trash_can-6.JPG
    rear_trash_can-6.JPG
    427.7 KB · Views: 337
Reactions: Big Earl
Here is my trash can combination (and my first post!). For the center console I got the TapTes Model 3 Center Console Trash and Storage Bin off Amazon. It goes in the front console area and provides a top shelf/organizer large enough for sunglasses, and a small bin below. It fits perfectly in the area. The sunglass shelf is a separate piece that fits on top of the bin. When I need to lift the bin out, I remove the shelf and can easily remove the bin.

For the rear seats I found an organizer bin at Target for $5 that fit perfectly in the space below the rear USB chargers/air vent. I have MAXpider floor mats and it even fits the mat raised edge. It seems to be an almost perfect fit, and it even has handles. So far with normal driving and a few road trips it stays in place just fine. I show it without a trash bag which looks nicer, but a plastic grocery bag will fit.

Pics of both below
https://www.amazon.com/TapTes-Wastebin-Washable-Organizer-Accessories/dp/B07Q2YG42V/
Hi, is it the TapTes Model 3 Center Console Trash and Storage Bin that you mentioned? Thanks.