Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trashy CBC Tesla segment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla stops Model 3 production temporarily amid financial concerns | CBC News

I assumed they would explain the "stops production temporarily" part after the alarmist first sentence but no. It's all trashy hype stuff that goes into no useful detail. CBC is so useless and boring. I can't stand any of its productions. Let's de-fund the cbc permanently. :D

Not only are they trashy, they want to track your Facebook activity now too (using a tool from George Soros)
Political campaigns are targeting you on Facebook. Help us find out how. | CBC News

They do need to be cut off from Government Funding

Reactions: Beckler
Not only are they trashy, they want to track your Facebook activity now too (using a tool from George Soros)
Political campaigns are targeting you on Facebook. Help us find out how. | CBC News

Seriously? You're going to pull out that tired right wing conspiracy theory that George Soros is the master of alllll evil?

I assumed they would explain the "stops production temporarily" part after the alarmist first sentence but no. It's all trashy hype stuff that goes into no useful detail. CBC is so useless and boring. I can't stand any of its productions. Let's de-fund the cbc permanently. :D
I love the CBC. It's interesting and informative...most of the time.

The complaint I have about the CBC is its conservative (small c) bias. Every time they need a talking head to comment on a story it's always someone from a right wing think tank. "Reports" from right wing think tanks are always printed up as if they're the gospel truth, whereas the rare times they do have a report from a progressive think tank there's always a rebuttal in the story from a right wing think tank. There was for years a show which was nothing but right wing and corporate talking points. They had a summer show on Free Market Fairy economics. The last host of the National gave paid speeches to CAPP, and Rex Murphy didn't hide his right wing bias. It's been a good 20 years since the last time they had a progressive commentator on TV.

This segment is just another anti-Tesla hit piece, one of many they've done, whereas the Kinder Morgan pipeline is given a free pass in favour of the pipeline is in the national interest narrative.

It was trashy, please also complain to the CBC management like I did.
The title was real click bait and the video had hints of "look at the crazies".
Far below CBC norms of quality.

Last month, there was a fatal crash involving the company's famed driver assist technology called Autopilot. A week later, Tesla recalled more than 120,000 Model S's due to a faulty steering mechanism.

Yellow journalism at its finest. See how these two statement are juxtaposition-ed right next to each other as if there is a correlation. This guy would give SeekingLies authors a run for it money.

Interestingly the comments sections seems well balanced with a lot of people pointing out the bias of this report. In general i am seeing a shift on the sentiment of the comments across the board, except such fringe outfits such as SeekingAlpha which are for Shorts anyway who want Tesla to die

Last edited:

The story is trashy, not "they". I agree that the CBC does provide a valuable function and should continue to be funded by Canadians.

How do "they" want to track your Facebook activity? By using that tool from ProPublica? It looks like it is a tool to help determine if online ads are political or not. And George Soros was not the software developer behind this, the tools was developed by ProPublica. ProPublic is the brainchild of the Sandlers, not George Soros, although Soros has contributed $250,000 to the Sandler Foundation. The Sandlers are left-leaning but ProPublica is non-partisan.

The article is all talk. I'm positive if you go back you'll see the same things written in Model S era - just emphasizing ordinary events for drama. Which isn't to say stuff couldn't start happening, but this isn't it. CBC shouldn't descend toward CNN-level hyping...oh wait they already have. :)

By the way, you can be a Tesla fan and think that the stock is a horrible investment. I love my Tesla and I am a big Tesla fan, but I would be more inclined to go short, rather than long, Tesla's stock.

I think Tesla is uniquely at the forefront of 3 or 4 huge industries I have to think are exploding just now - the stock could very well be poised for significant upside. Can't really say that about GM or anyone else. Whether it's smart to buy in at $300...the answer to that is easy: nobody knows. :D

Just because you are active in exploding industries does not mean that you can earn excess profits in those industries. And the stock price should be the NPV of discounted future cash flows to the company's equity investors.

In at least some of those industries, like solar panels, I am not sure that Tesla has any sort of a sustainable competitive advantage.

They updated the story title online...got much trashier lol.
Screenshot_20180421-122824_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: MarcoRP