Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tread Depth of 2024 M3P Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what the tread depth is on the stock tires that come with the 2024 M3P and what is the milage warranty? I'm looking to compare cost with other more wallet friendly all season tires since I don't need to maximize performance. I'm more interested in maximizing cost efficiency of tires for what little performance I'd lose.

Anyone know what the tread depth is on the stock tires that come with the 2024 M3P and what is the milage warranty?

OEM Pirelli P ZERO 4 tires come with 9/32nds of tread.

All treadwear and road hazard warranties are explicitly voided for OEM tires by both Michelin and Pirelli (two brands on my cars).

I'm looking to compare cost with other more wallet friendly all season tires since I don't need to maximize performance.

Then why are you buying TM3 Performance?
All season tires suck in all seasons!

I'm more interested in maximizing cost efficiency of tires for what little performance I'd lose.
You really should look into buying a LR, or a Prius.

a

You'd be surprised how often people put all-seasons on a MP3, without realizing that the difference is deeper than just compound. Watch, people will also be swapping sizes to increase sidewall for "comfort". It just HURTS!

OP: The OEM tires are far from what you want. If anything, get a less expensive (cheaper) summer tire. They typically are great when they are new but become harder as they go through heat cycles and so they last longer than a typical PS4s or the OEM ones. You will maximize efficiency that way and likely not mind the loss in traction from hardening.

Reactions: afadeev
You'd be surprised how often people put all-seasons on a MP3, without realizing that the difference is deeper than just compound. Watch, people will also be swapping sizes to increase sidewall for "comfort". It just HURTS!

You are right - 90+% of Tesla owners are ex-Prius types, with no appreciation for performance, safety, or handling.
There is room for those, though when they buy a TM3P it's guaranteed to be a mismatch.

When I was ordering my car in 2018, I specifically looked and paid extra for a vehicle with Micheline PS4S tires, as it saved me thousands I would have spent to upgrade tires (and wheels, if necessary) to ride on quality rubber. Watching folks complain about performance tires on a Performance variant to TM3 is ... absurd. Yet, quite frequent.

a