Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip history, hopefully on an iPhone.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to see your past trips somehow on an iPhone or on a Mac. Looking for something like Automatic or Zubie functionality, so you can see the past trips on a map or in a list, with the number of miles in each trip. VisibleTesla looks promising, but didn't work on my iMac. Looking for iPhone alternatives hopefully.

Is there a way to see your past trips somehow on an iPhone or on a Mac. Looking for something like Automatic or Zubie functionality, so you can see the past trips on a map or in a list, with the number of miles in each trip. VisibleTesla looks promising, but didn't work on my iMac. Looking for iPhone alternatives hopefully.
Agree! I have a spreadsheet I've developed that sucks in the CSV from EV Trip Planner and then I enter actuals at each charging stop — well, at least when I remember to do so or simply not to lazy.

I'm actually co-developer for a website that lets you do trip tracking and even control things like climate depending on the cars location. It's called TeslaLogs.com, currently we are in beta but if you enter your details on the homepage I will let him know that you are interested.

I have been using "Magical Miles" on my iPhone for about a month. Seems to be very effective at logging all your trips automatically (as long as the app is open in the background on your phone). You can then send the logs it creates to a spreadsheet for editing and archiving.

At Present there are three efforts under way to that do this for the Model S which have a TMC forum presence. I am pasting the links next to their names (which are in alphabetical order)...

1) EVMOTE (aka Project Cartisia) --> Project Cartesia - Launch, Updates and Support
2) REMOTE S --> Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
3) TESLA LOG --> TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

Hope this helps.

In general, these efforts take the form of a web site you log into OR an APP that you install.

The website paradigm is most flexible over time as you can access the information from just about any connected platform (smart-Phone, iMac, iPad, other Pads, Windows PC, Linux, Chromebook, Kindle, your Tesla 17" screen, etc) via WiFi or 3G / 4G LTE.

And I am sure there are others out there too that I am not familiar with.

Last edited:
As quoted above for Magical Miles and same for Remote S, the app needs to be running in order to track the trips, which is not a good solution. Trying out Tesla Log currently and it's been working great in terms of the functionality. It's able to log all the trips that can be viewed on the website. Will read up on EVmote too. Thank you. Tesla's own app has such a fantastic UI IMO for live location. It'll be great if it just gets a trips tab added to it.

At Present there are three efforts under way to that do this for the Model S which have a TMC forum presence. I am pasting the links next to their names (which are in alphabetical order)...

1) EVMOTE (aka Project Cartisia) --> Project Cartesia - Launch, Updates and Support
2) REMOTE S --> Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
3) TESLA LOG --> TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

Hope this helps.

In general, these efforts take the form of a web site you log into OR an APP that you install.

The website paradigm is most flexible over time as you can access the information from just about any connected platform (smart-Phone, iMac, iPad, other Pads, Windows PC, Linux, Chromebook, Kindle, your Tesla 17" screen, etc) via WiFi or 3G / 4G LTE.

And I am sure there are others out there too that I am not familiar with.

As quoted above for Magical Miles and same for Remote S, the app needs to be running in order to track the trips, which is not a good solution. Trying out Tesla Log currently and it's been working great in terms of the functionality. It's able to log all the trips that can be viewed on the website. Will read up on EVmote too. Thank you. Tesla's own app has such a fantastic UI IMO for live location. It'll be great if it just gets a trips tab added to it.
From what I have read, TESLA LOG and EVMOTE require you to have nothing running on your end. In those paradigms, you sort of introduce and authenticate your Tesla S to them. They then log your trips all the time. And other things too. That data is stored on their server for you to access via any device and get your reports, logs etc. Also they are able to control your S to some extent and in one case set up IF THEN rules to apply to your S's actions. I cannot wait to try them once I get my S.