Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts after a 2300 mile journey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be nice if that would explain these events. It doesn't. I have one location where it just "knows" the wrong speed limit (it knows the correct one a road earlier and it always is displaying the wrong one on the other road) and when leaving my village (which is not signed with a speed limit sign) it sometimes thinks the limit is 30 (km/h) where it is in fact 80. And will then continue this for a mile until the next roundabout, even though there are side roads that would cancel a temporary speed limit.

I don't know what is more annoying. The fact that the second thing is random, or that there is no place to report such things.
You can actually report these things. Every time I have to break out of autopilot and take manual control there is an onscreen prompt to hit my microphone button and record a quick explanation of why I broke out of autopilot. It goes away pretty quickly, seems like 2-3 seconds, but it shows up every time.

That is one heck of a drive. I live in NY and I don’t like the 8hr trip to Acadia national park. It’s actually amazing you can drive the Tesla that far. We have gone to FL. But 95 is a major route.
Almost my entire route is on major interstates (mostly 80 and 90), which are well-supplied with supercharger sites. Even when I cross VT and NH into Maine there are two or three choices of which way to go that include charging. Charging is definitely not the hardest thing about my drive, but it could be if you're heading into the boondocks. Charging does add significant time, but it doesn't add a lot of fatigue because of the frequent chance to stretch your legs.