Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip planner for “older” Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to the tesla web site trip planner to plan a trip from Washington to Utah and noticed that my 5 month old MS 75 D is no longer listed as an option. Only the current new higher battery capacity models are available options to plan long distance trips. Other than sitting in my car and using the trip planner does anyone know if Tesla has a trip planner for “older” lower battery capacity models that can be accessed from the comfort of my desk top PC? I know that there are non Tesla ev trip planners out there such as “EV TRIP PLANNER”. Does anyone have experience and/or with any of the 3rd party trip planners.

Thanks

Went to the tesla web site trip planner to plan a trip from Washington to Utah and noticed that my 5 month old MS 75 D is no longer listed as an option. Only the current new higher battery capacity models are available options to plan long distance trips. Other than sitting in my car and using the trip planner does anyone know if Tesla has a trip planner for “older” lower battery capacity models that can be accessed from the comfort of my desk top PC? I know that there are non Tesla ev trip planners out there such as “EV TRIP PLANNER”. Does anyone have experience and/or with any of the 3rd party trip planners.

Thanks
The Tesla website planner is not a planner at all, it is a sales tool to show prospective buyers what they might be able to do. It is not, nor was it ever intended for real trip planning.

That's why your car is no longer in that list to be selected -- it is no longer for sale and doesn't need to be cluttering up the sales tool...

Thanks for the info. I understand that Tesla wants to keep their potential sales web site looking uncluttered but it seems odd that they don't offer a trip planner specific to each of their vehicles other than the one in the car. Maybe the 3rd party planners are just as accurate as one Tesla could provide. I will definitely check out the recommended planners.
Thanks again!